Locating a Half Sibling

Category Family
Finding long lost relatives can be a challenge and often requires professional help. This is a guide about locating a half sibling.

My father had 5 children (that we know of). 3 daughters and 2 sons. His name was Donald Wayne Cobb. His oldest daughter is Donielle. She was adopted out and had her name changed. His sons are Josh and Jason. My name is Sherrie and the youngest daughter is my sister Adrian. Adrian and I are full sisters from our mother Sherry. We are looking for our older sister and brothers. I have tried looking from my fathers name with no luck. I have hit dead ends on every endeavor. Would love help with this!

Best Answer

I have found an adopted our adopted out nephews by posting ads in the small community papers that come in the mail once a week (they are cheaper than regular newspapers). I put it in the "Attention" or "Notice" column. You could list his name in the ad in the town he was last living in. Also Facebook has been a GREAT place to find lost loved ones...there are various "Lost and Found" type groups on there. Good Luck!

Best Answer

I would go with the other advice and try Facebook. Perhaps you have a site called Friends Re-united? I would be cautious about using a newspaper, because on Facebook you can maintain some anonymity while getting to know anyone who answers.

Best Answer

Search city and court records. Where did she have her name changed? Facebook may be of help by locating others with the same last name who may have knowledge of your father's whereabouts. If you know the high school he graduated from, the class reunion committee may have info also.

Best Answer

Do the DNA testing that Ancestory.com offers (I think it is around $100). Then register your results. If they have done the same, the computer will match you up to each other.

Have you tried Ancestry.com? It could give you leads to other relatives who could provide answers to your questions.

Make your platform Facebook account post pictures of you and your family with a message asking for your sibling or the I love one that you are looking for you also can use this on Instagram Twitter YouTube hope everything works out

I have looked through Facebook and tried Ancestry. I found my father's information but only first names of all of us children. It has been a lengthy search with nothing but dead ends.

Anonymous

I am looking for half sister, all I have is maiden name, country of birth, approx. year of birth

I need help. I'm looking for my half brother. I never met him, but he is my dad's son from his first marriage. My dad died in 2013, but I found out I had a brother in 2015. I hired a PI to find him, but I feel like that's not the John I was looking for. I need some help to find him. Can anyone help me? Where do I start?

Did your dad pay any child support or ever claim him on his taxes? If so, his name social security number may be listed on his tax returns during that time period. Have you checked facebook, twitter and ancestory.com?

Try familytreenow.com. You could also go to ancestry.com

There is a show on TV on TLC (The Learning Channel)

They help people like you that are looking for family members. They are asking for people to contact them for their assistance. You can find them at this link:

https://www.fac  amilyusacasting/

Good luck with your search. I watch this show, and they have found people with very little information to start with. And once they find your loved one, the set up a meeting. Watch TLC, The Learning Channel to see the show. It is aired on Sunday nights 9 pm Eastern--8 pm Central time.

Harlean from Arkansas

I don't know if he did cause the first wife was wealthy. Like her dad did t like my dad very much and told him to leave. So I don't know if he had to. I tried ancestry and I don't have all the information my grandma died last year without all of the information. So I'm just going by what I have.

The most helpful information usually always comes from family/relatives and any neighbors from where he lived when younger. Is it possible to talk to the mother because that may be the best avenue of information.

Who told you that you had a half brother? Can they supply anymore information? Where they lived, who did he live with?

You must have some information to give to a PI so maybe you can take it from there yourself. The PI must have found someone so look at what he has and do your own search.

You will have to have some information if you are going to try the social media route.

I found out about my brother from my grandma, and I have some letter from the mother. My grandma didn't say much but she passed away before I knew any more. It's hard cause my dad not here to tell me. My brother name is Jonathon Richard camp he would be 45 year old. I know his birthday and I know my dads social, I know his moms name , but names change.

i hope you have had some luck in finding your half-brother. If so, please post and let us know your progress.

If you are still looking, I would suggest that you keep looking on Social media and state all the information you can, especially the full names of your half-brother, your father, your grandmother and his real mother's name. Also, name any city that you think they may have lived, even for a short time.

Just be sure that you check often and add things to keep the thread open and active. Good things do happen so just keep trying and let us know if you hear anything - we are interested.

I am looking for my half brother. My father had recently came back into my life and told me he had another child. The birth parents would be Carl Tony Rippel and Vickie Lynn Montgomery. My dad had told me the child was born 10/07/1994 and was named Jonathan. Carl and Vickie had divorced in 1997. I tried looking for Jonathan Rippel and Jonathan Montgomery with no luck.

My dad has lived in Colorado for a large portion of his life, but he's from North Dakota. (So Jonathan may or may not have been born in Colorado.) My dad also had informed me that Jonathan was adopted. My dad was born 9/18/1950. I'm not sure when Jonathan was adopted, my dad is being to secretive about the information. My name is Jason Rippel. Thank you to anyone that can help me get on the right path to find my brother!

You could start by looking here:

People Search - Find Public Records at PeopleFinders

People Search & Background Check

Read more: http://www.city  ml#ixzz4Wo7lKZBy

You could also try Facebook pages. Perhaps your father knows where Jonathan went to school. Can you find Vickie? She might have information as well.

You can also check on genealogical sites, such as ancestry.com

I'm looking for my long lost half sibling. My father was Andrew Wilson Kennison. In 1956 or 1957 he got a woman pregnant when he was stationed on the Nellis Air Force Base in Clark County, Nevada. He passed away in 2001 and left me no information on the woman who is the mother of my half sibling. I'm currently trying to get in contact with him/her. Any information known or tips of finding them would greatly be appreciated.

By Dwayne K.

Best Answer

A woman in our province recently located the last member of her family using Facebook. (She was one of 6 siblings who were adopted in different families. It did take her 20 years to find them all, but she did it. Facebook was very helpful to her.)