Lonely Dachshund

I am the proud owner of a miniature red Dachshund female. Her name is Brandy Alexis. I have noticed that she has lost some of her enthusiasm, she spends a better part of the day by herself (i.e. work) could it be that she is lonely? And if so, what would be a good companion for her?

Brandy's Mum (Hollyann)

Lonely Dachshund

Could it be a health problem? Sometimes when a pet changes her usual behavior it might mean she needs to see the vet. I know that dachsies can get backaches easily for example.

By coolchinchilla

Lonely Dachshund

I also have a 10 yr old female long haired Dachshund, Molly. Last December, I rescued a 5 yr old male longhaired Dachshund (with seizure disorder, but controlled by meds) named Doodad. He is great company for Molly while I am at work and I think he will keep her young and active. Here's a web address for Dachshund Rescue of North America; they were great!

There are so many unwanted animals in the world; Won't you think about rescuing one? (08/02/2005)

By Claudia

Lonely Dachshund

I also have a red female Dachshund, Heidi, she is also alone during the day (being without us), but she spends it with our Scottish Terrier. I think it is always best to have 2 at all times, it keeps them company. Dachshund's are real "people" animals. Try to take her for walks and play with her when you are home, and just love on her all you can. Cherish them always! (12/03/2006)

By dalear2005

Lonely Dachshund

Get another Dachshund or a kitten. That worked for us. (12/03/2007)

By DeidreLee

Lonely Dachshund

I have 2 mini Dachshunds and they just love each other! You need to find her a companion ASAP! (02/01/2008)

By Katia

Lonely Dachshund
Making a Sock Quilt
Craft Ideas for Socks
Craft Ideas for Socks
An young girl standing with her mother.
Growing Up an Only Child
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mixed Breed Information and Photos