Long John Silver's Recipes

Category Fast Food
Long John Silver Fish and Chips
One way to save money is to reduce eating out. This does not mean you can't try to prepare some of your fast food favorites at home. This is a guide about Long John Silver's recipes.

I don't know if any of you have ever tried Long John Silver's Individual slices of Pineapple Cheesecake but it is to die for. What I was wondering is if anyone can find a copy cat recipe to make it. I would be very grateful. If you haven't tried it, you have to, you will love it!

Mandi from Erie

Oh gee, I thought I'd be able to find this for one. I checked out a copykat recipe site and a couple others with no luck. If you find the recipe, let me know. Did you try calling them? They may just get it shipped in from elsewhere,such as Mrs. Smith's or some other company and not made by them at all. Sorry but I did try. ~ Holly

Ok, I am so persistent...I was just checking around for you again. Did you ever go into the Kraft website? www.Kraftfoods.com It's a great site and if you put in pineapple cheesecake in the search section, you'll see about 5 or so yummy recipes you may just like to try. As you scroll over the names of recipes, it shows you a pic. as well.Give it a try. ~ Holly

Holly,

Thanks for taking the time to look for a recipe for me. I do love kraftfoods and never thought to look there. I will have to try some of the recipes. I was kinda hoping that somone would just know of one that they knew tasted like it! This may work though.....thanks and oh by the way have you ever tried it? YOU'VE GOTTA!

I love that cheesecake from Long John's , too! If you do hap' to find a recipe that tastes like it I would love to have it too!

I've been looking for that recipe for ages. So glad some one else is also. I'll try what's posted. I wondered if it had sweetened condensed milk in it.

I think I made it today. Large can of frozen pineapple juice, one envelope of unflavored gelatin, one can of sweetened condensed milk, one cup of cool whip, and a small pack of cream cheese. Heat about one cup of the juice and mix in gelatin until melted. Mix all the other ingredients including the remaining juice. Mix in the gelatin mixture. Pour into either graham cracker or vanilla wafer crust. My husband swears it's exactly the same. Let me know what you think. It's really good.

http://online-c  D86&serves=0

Please check on this link. It says it Long John Silver's Pineapple cheesecake. Is this the one you want?

Tyara

I would like to duplicate Long John Silver's fish batter. Does anyone have the recipe?

By Gary from Evansville, IN

Answers

Copycat recipe for Long John Silver's Fish Batter:

http://www.cook  2-251202,00.html

http://www.food  int.do?rid=42780

Does anyone know how to make the southwest shrimp/rice wrap that Long John Silver's used to make years ago?

By rkgldn from TX

My answer: I remember the rice wraps back in 1996, Why in their right minds would they ever get rid of something so delicious!

Just like McDonald's doing away with steak egg & cheese bagel for quite some time they have it back but it like my most favorite thing there otherwise I don't really eat there?

I am looking for a recipe for Long John Silver's coleslaw.

Carol from Whitaker, PA

Coleslaw (Long John Silver's)

8 cups very finely chopped cabbage (1 head)

1/4 cup shredded carrot

2 tablespoons minced onions

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1/4 cup milk 1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup buttermilk

1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar

2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice

1. Be sure that the cabbage, carrots, and onion are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice kernels).

2. Combine the sugar, salt pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice, and beat until smooth.

3. Add the cabbage, carrots, and onions. Mix well.

4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

serves 8

The critical part of this cole slaw recipe is the flavor-enhancement period prior to eating. Be absolutely certain the cole slaw sits in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours prior to serving for the great tasting slew of slaw.

I am looking for a recipe for Long John Silver's rice.

By Rod