Looking For Microwave Recipes

I recently moved into an efficiency apartment and will have to do a lot of my cooking in a microwave. If anyone can share some microwave recipes and meals, I would appreciate it. I am tired of eating out all the time, so anything will help.

By Roy from Amarillo, TX

Answers:

Looking For Microwave Recipes

With only a few other appliances there is not much you can't cook in an efficiency apartment. I'm proving that one right now.

Must haves: crock pot, toaster oven with a bake and a broil setting, Fry Daddy, and a microwave.

I use the crock pot and the toaster oven most. My toaster oven holds a 9 x 9 inch pan. I've baked biscuits, cakes, pizza, cookies, and lots of others goodies. In my crock pot I make spaghetti, soups, beans, foil packets-individual wrapped meat with onions and celery.

You will need a slotted spoon, a solid spoon, a spatula, and a paring knife. All can be purchased for a dollar each, and they can be stored in a single Rubber Maid bin. (12/29/2009)

By notwrong

Looking For Microwave Recipes

When we spent 3 weeks in a hotel for Hurricane Katrina I learned to "cook" with a microwave. We had canned beans and smoked sausage over rice, Chinese takeout, beef stew over buttered bread, hot dogs, reheated deli chicken, baked potatoes and chili, fish fillets, etc. (12/29/2009)

By Frazzled Leslie

Looking For Microwave Recipes

Did you know you can microwave eggs? We make a breakfast sandwich this way:

Toast and butter an English muffin (assuming you have a toaster). Spray a round bowl or Tupperware about the size of the English muffin with pan spray, crack an egg in it and lightly whisk with a fork just to break the yolk.
Microwave covered, but not tightly for 50 seconds to 1 minute depending on your microwave. Place a slice of cheese on the toasted buttered muffin and then place the cooked egg on top. Voila you have an egg and cheese breakfast sandwich.

Optional additions:

• microwavable bacon
  • microwavable sausage
  • lunchmeat ham
  • cleaned spinach leaves
  • bacon bits

This is also good on a toasted bagel, toasted bread, or you can even splurge with croissants. (12/30/2009)

By Carly34

Looking For Microwave Recipes

Noodles can be microwave cooked, too. Boil the water in a microwave safe bowl. Add noodles and cook a few minutes until al dente.

Google microwave cooking, also. I'm sure you will get all kinds of ideas.

A potato can be washed, pierced and wrapped in plastic wrap and microwaved for 5 minutes, voila baked potato.
So many topping ideas, too.

• chili
  • sour cream and green onions and lunch meat ham.
  • cream of soups
  • bag of Steamfresh veggies from freezer section and some Tostitos con queso

Make quesadillas in the microwave.
Place a tortilla on the plate and add shredded cheese with anything you like, meat, olives, onions, peppers, Taco Bell taco sauce, canned refried beans, and then place another tortilla on top of that and some more cheese. Microwave one minute. (12/30/2009)

By Carly34

Looking For Microwave Recipes

Here is a site devoted only to microwave recipes: microwaverecipescookbook.com.

You are wished a rainbow-filled day.

Mrs. Marshall (01/13/2010)

By BgMamma001

Microwave Recipes
Inexpensive Microwave Recipes
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 11:13:49 AM on 10.0.1.14 in 969 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.