Looking For Potato Pancake Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for mashed potato pancakes? My mother made the best ones on the planet but she passed away before I could get the recipe. All I remember is that she put in an egg, salt and pepper. I tried adding flour but then the pancakes tasted like flour. She was from England, in case that makes a difference.

Michigandertroll from Port Huron, Michigan

Answers:

Looking For Potato Pancake Recipe

When I make mine I make sure the mashed potatoes are cold. I add one egg(beaten), salt, pepper and onion powder to taste. Then I lightly flour each pancake before putting in the pan. It can be messy if the taters aren't cold. Good Luck. (06/06/2008)

By Ellie

Looking For Potato Pancake Recipe

Hello I have never made them but watched my mother in law make hers which were really good. All she did was grate the potatoes with a special grater, add salt and pepper to taste and then form them and fry them immediately. If you let them sit after you form each one while you grate more they will turn brown and taste nasty, so it's best to fry them right away till they are a golden brown. Let them sit on layers of towel paper to drain any excess oil. I hope that helps you and enjoy! (06/10/2008)

By candleglows

Looking For Potato Pancake Recipe

I use 2 cups of mashed potatoes that are all ready seasoned, 1 egg, grated onion, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. Mix and pat into cakes, dip into flour and fry in a little oil (I use bacon grease, I know not the best thing but they do taste good). (06/10/2008)

By scott E.

Looking For Potato Pancake Recipe

I have a recipe that a German lady gave to me. It's easy. Grate a raw potato. Add finely chopped onion. Eggs to bind with, a little flour add salt and pepper. Mix it all together drop by the spoon into a greased pan and fry it turning it over to do other side.

You have to judge this as to how much it will make, as it depends on the size of the potatoes. I serve mine with fried eggs and ketchup. Hope you enjoy them. (07/02/2008)

By Margaret, TX

Plate of potato pancakes
Potato Pancakes
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
Hot Potato Salad
Hot Potato Salad Recipes
🎄