Looking for Quick Fruit Cobbler Recipe

My grandmother used to "whip up" a fruit cobbler (of sorts) that was awesome. It was some sort of dough, put on a jelly roll pan, she then would cut apples, or blueberries, peaches, etc. and layer it on top of the dough. Sprinkle with some cinnamon and sugar and then bake it. The dough was about 1/2" thick. We would cut them into "bars" and devoured them, pan after pan! It was always quick to make with very few ingredients. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks! Missing my Gramma in PA!

Pat from Sayre, PA

Answers:

Quick Fruit Cobbler Recipe

What you describe is an apple tart, A cobbler is a pie like filling with only a crust on top. A quickie way is to add a little sugar to Bisquick Mix and follow directions for biscuits or shortcake on the box. Roll out into a rectangle shape - until the desired thickness and wrap around your rolling pin to transfer in one piece to cookie sheet. Peel and slice apples, toss with sugar, a little salt and seasonings of choice and spread on "crust". Dot with butter. Bake until edges are golden and apples are tender. (11/15/2005)

By SNIGDIBBLY

Quick Fruit Cobbler Recipe

I'm originally from northeastern Ohio, and I remember eating something like this also. It was a heavy batter dough that the fruit would kind of sink into. It was often topped with glaze or powdered sugar. Funny that you would bring it up, I was thinking about it the other day, wishing that I could find a similar recipe too. I now live in the southern states, where a "Buckle" is often called a "cobbler," and I like them lots better than the traditional cobbler. (11/18/2005)

By Susan

Quick Fruit Cobbler Recipe

Here's an explanation of the differences between the "cobbler" family of dishes. I'd never heard of Buckle and they are explained here. It sounds like that might be what you are looking for.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/CobblerHistory.htm

The recipe at this link for a Buckle may be more complicated than the one you remember but here it is:

http://loveandcooking.blogspot.com/2004/07/buckling-under.html

I love cobblers so I'm sure I'd like what you are describing.

BySusan from ThriftyFun (11/18/2005)

cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
Square of peach cobbler on a plate with whipped cream on the side.
Peach Cobbler Recipes
Cherry Cobbler
Cherry Cobbler Recipes
Bowl of berry cobbler with fresh raspberries and blackberries on top.
Raspberry Cobbler Recipes
Zucchini
Zucchini Cobbler Recipes
🎉
🎄