Losing 5 Pounds in a Week

Category Weight Loss
Woman Weighing Herself
When dieting many people set a goal of a certain number of pounds they would like to lose each week. This is a guide about losing 5 pounds in a week.

What is an easy way to lose about 5 pounds in a week?

Christie from Union, SC

Best Answer

When you first start a diet such as Weight Watchers, you will almost definitely lose 5-6 pounds the first week - that is mostly water weight as we all know. The weeks afterwards are generally 1/2 to 2 lbs (if you keep it very low carb). If you're trying to fit into an outfit for a single occasion this might work for you. Otherwise, if you go back to eating as before, the weight will come right back.

Best Answer

Depending on how much weight you have to loose overall, as well as how much water you retain, you can probably loose 5 lbs the first week of just about any diet. You may do nearly as well the second week. I would recommend following the South Beach Phase I plan, basically you eat veggies, lean meats, eggs, beans, low fat dairy. Most libraries have the book. Also be sure to drink plenty of water. Your body is tricky. If you aren't getting enough water, youi will retain water. If you're getting plenty, your body will let it go. Plus, it helps flush the bad stuff out of your system and contributes to an overall full feeling. If you possibly can, you'll want to take lots and lots of walks. Walking burns a ton of calories and I find the more I walk, the more I'm motivated to stick to a healty diet plan. Good Luck!

A good site to see is www.sparkspeople.com Good luck

I cannot recommend the Atkins Diet enough. It's the only diet that has EVER worked for me. I don't know how much pounds are, but the first 24 hours I lost 1.2 kilograms, and the next day was 0.8kg.

Editor's Note: A kilogram is 2.2 pounds.