Losing Weight After Having a Baby

I am 19 years old. I had a baby September 29th 2010. So from today he is almost 4 months. I have been getting depressed because I can't lose any weight. Before having my child I weighed 110, and I was happy. Now I weigh 155. It is too high and I can't shed a pound, please someone give me tips on how to lose the added weight or help me to be
that happy, confident person I used to be.

By JessiLinda
from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Losing Weight After Having a Baby

First off congrats on the little one! Second I have had the same problem and my son is 6 now. No need to be depressed or worry what a scale says because a having a baby changes so much in the mother's body it crazy. I had my obgyn check my thyroid and adrenal glands. Come to find out the problem was stress and trying to be super mom (the ex didn't help). I learned if I am healthy for myself and eat right and exercise I'd be happier and healthier for my son. I might not weigh what I did in high school, but I feel healthy. And that's all that matters is your health and happiness not what a scale says. (01/26/2011)

By honeybees

Losing Weight After Having a Baby

Weight loss is hard. If your weight is seriously hurting your happiness then I would suggest counting calories. Try going to caloriecount.com it's a helpful tool for keeping track of what you eat and making sure you're still nutritionally balanced. Also exercise just a little more. Walk just a little more when you have the opportunity. Sometimes it takes a while to see results, but don't let that discourage you.

Good luck! (01/26/2011)

By heather-harte