Love You Madly Vinyl Record Underplate
Paris is often called the "City of Love." Use some French inspiration to show your Cupid just how much you love him. Turn old long play vinyl records into underplates/chargers. Use these when you set the table for your romantic Valentine's Day dinner. A good way to turn trash into meaningful treasure!
Total Time: 30 minutes, drying time included
Yield: one underplate
- old long play vinyl record
- acrylic paint in the following three colors: white; watermelon, and true red
- 3.2 in high stencil of the Eiffel Tower
- khaki green pigment ink stamp pad
- Micia Old Hand black dye ink pad
- Micia clear bird stamp image and stamp with the words "It's time to celebrate!"
- black Giotto Decor pen
- clear acrylic block
- 2 in high heart-shaped cookie cutter
- old cloth
- nail polish remover
- quick-drying matt spray varnish
- Use the cloth and the nail polish remover to remove the center label sticker on the one side of the record.
- Mix the white and watermelon paint into a soft pink. Add an uneven wash to the side of the record where the label sticker has been removed and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the khaki green ink stamp pad to add an aged effect to some areas of the record. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use black dye ink pad to add the stencil design of the Eiffel Tower to the bottom of the record. Carefully lift the stencil and allow the design to dry thoroughly. Press the clear stamp images of the bird and words onto the acrylic block, cover it with the black ink and transfer it to the record below the Eiffel Tower.
- Use the pencil and the heart cookie cutter to trace six hearts onto the record. Use the paintbrush and the red, white, and pink paint to color the hearts. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the black pen to add a border around each heart.
- Spray the top of the record with the varnish and allow to dry thoroughly.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide