Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Cheddar Filled Meatballs
These savory bacon wrapped meatballs are sure to get devoured by whomever you make them for. This is page contains a recipe for low carb bacon wrapped cheddar filled meatballs.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I'm not on a keto (low carb) diet but a lot of my friends are so I put this appetizer together to make them love me. It worked! These are so juicy and delicious. I used lean ground turkey meat here, but you can use beef. If you don't care too much about keeping it low carb, you can add a couple tablespoons of breadcrumbs. This is a very, moist mixture, but I love it this way!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
Yield: 5 large meatballs
- 10 oz ground meat
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 egg
- 5 strips bacon
- 2 oz cheese
- 1 tsp oil
- In a bowl, mix together the ground meat, garlic salt, and egg.
- Divide the meat mixture into 5 equal parts. Divide the cheese into five equal parts. Make little round patties of meat and place the cheese in the center. Cover the cheese completely while forming into a ball.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the meatball, covering it up completely.
- Secure bacon in place with toothpicks (I ran out so I used dry spaghetti).
- Heat the vegetable or canola oil in a pan on high heat. Add meatballs. As the bacon renders, you'll have more and more oil for these to fry in.
- If you're using dry spaghetti "toothpicks" take them them out before they get fried. Cook each "side" until they are super crispy. Balls don't have sides but they sort of have about 6. ;) This will take 10 to 12 minutes or so.
- When crispy and browned on all sides, drain on paper towel.
- Be careful, the cheese will be super hot and gooey. Enjoy!
April 7, 20170 found this helpful
These have got to be absolutely delicious. As a rule, I wouldn't say this, but, 'I hope you win'! The next time I want a Junior Bacon Cheeseburger, I'll make these, instead.
April 8, 20170 found this helpful
Hahahaha Thank you and thank you! And yes, so yummy. I meant to eat one the first time I made these but I ate them all. AND I'M REALLY GOOD AT BEHAVING!!! OOPS!