I am looking for low carb recipes. Also, what are some tips to curb the appetite? Is there any foods that are tasty and almost carb free that can be snacked on through out the day? Any tips and ideas would be wonderful.
Vanet from Saugerties, NY
Low Carb Recipes and Tips
Please check out
They have GREAT and TASTY recipes, exercises that are FUN, and an easy menu made especially for your 'target' areas. Without even trying (like working out everyday, and 'dieting' Ick. I've lost 15lbs in a little over 4 months :)
I'm not a low carb watcher though..I tend to watch my calorie intake.
Here is a recipe from sparkpeople that I LOVE. I use a George Foreman Grill when it's too cold outside to use the BBQ Grill.
Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Not all grilling out has to involve meat. This dish brings exciting tastes and good health together in one package. Serves: 4
INGREDIENTS2/3 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary)
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 (5-6" diameter) Portobello mushroom caps
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
2. Using a spoon, scoop out the gills of the mushroom caps and remove the stems and discard.
3. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the soy sauce mixture on both sides of the mushroom caps.
4. Grill the caps, starting with stem side down, for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
5. Spoon 1/4 cup of the tomato and cheese mixture into each cap, cover and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
6. Garnish with cilantro.
NUTRITION INFO (per serving)
Fat: 3.7 g
Carbohydrates: 8.2 g
Protein: 6.4 g
Low Carb Recipes and Tips
There is nothing free, so there is no food you can eat as a snack all day. too much protein is against the rules too if you look at the diet clearly (almost all low carb diets have limits to how much protein or fat after the first couple of weeks)
that said try these:
fried cheese (melt in non-stick skillet and let cook till almost stiff-when cool is crispy-great cracker sub),
veggies with cream cheese,
sardines (hey after a while you'll eat anything different!), the mustard or hot sauce is good.
a sliver of real parmesan cheese (strong flavor-some carbs), and
sun dried tomatoes.
By Carla B.