Low-Cost Veterinary Care

I want to find a free vet clinic or very low cost vet for my cat in my area. She is an approximately 15 year old black Calico and has dropped weight and just stopped eating for the last few weeks. She has also had a fever for which we got antibiotics and now the fever is gone.

I don't know why she had a fever to begin with, though she still doesn't eat on her own, and my mom force feeds her some milk and this cat food that we received. We have tried giving her fresh fish.

We've noticed that she hasn't had a bowel movement either in last couple weeks, and she pees outside the litter box. I would like to find out what the problem is and to treat her. She's a wonderful cat and I want to see her eating again and gain a bit of weight. She's becoming really thin, but has a sagging tummy (my mother had overfed in the past and she looked like a seal. Now she's thinned out, but has the sagging tummy going vertical, perhaps it's just sagging skin?)

If I could find a free or low cost clinic I would take her. Please advise, means a lot to me.

By Ilana from Encino, CA

Low Cost Veterinary Care

It all depends on where you live you can start out by asking at the vets office. I am sure they won't refuse to help. You can ask at animal groomers. If there is a university with a veterinary program, you could see if they would help as well. You could also try the humane society, or animal cruelty prevention society if you have one locally. They try to help owners that can't afford full price vet care. (05/11/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Low Cost Veterinary Care

Look up "Actors and Others for Animals" in google.com They aid those who can't afford the cost of a vet. (05/11/2009)

By islandsage

A dog being check out by a veterinarian.
Finding a Low Cost Vet Clinic
low salt recipes
Low Sodium Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Protein Powder
Low Carb Low Protein Powder for Breakfast Shakes
Cute puppy with vet in background.
Saving Money on Veterinary Expenses