Lowering Blood Sugar Without Medication

I would like to know if there is a normal remedy to lower blood sugars normally, without medication. Please help.
Thank you.

Alice from New Jersey

Answers:

Lowering Blood Suger Without Medication

Exercise is the best way to naturally lower blood sugar. My father-in-law had been getting high readings in the morning and gave himself a shot then exercised. It sent him to the hospital. The shot and exercise lowered it too much. The doctor told him, if it's high and you are going to exercise, do not give yourself a shot. The work out will lower it just fine. (08/15/2007)

By Little Suzy

Lowering Blood Sugar Without Medication

Everything I read says "tight diet control". In other words, low carb intake, regular exercise, and deciding that sugar is poison. Sorry about that. (08/16/2007)

By CoreenH

Lowering Blood Sugar Without Medication

I have Type II diabetes and have kept it under control by following "The SugarBuster Diet" which was recommended to me by my doctor. I did not want to take meds and knew I wasn't eating properly. It is not hard to follow and the book can be bought at most any bookstore. Good luck. I lost 60 pounds in a year and felt 100% better for it. (08/16/2007)

By maggie45

Lowering Blood Sugar Without Medication

Read up on glycemic index, it's a great guide to keep blood sugar levels low and avoid an insulin spike. I'm losing weight far more easily, with less cravings, than I ever have. Rodale has a fairly comprehensive book out with 800 listings, but many are from Australia or Europe. Still, I'm glad I bought the book. (08/16/2007)

By kimhis

Lowering Blood Sugar Without Medication

High blood sugar (Diabetes) is nothing to fool around with. Diabetes is the leading cause of amputations in the USA and also contributes to millions of cases of blindness annually. You need to be treated by a doctor, a frugal website is not the place to get medical advice, as the advice is worth about what you paid for it (nothing). Please don't risk your health to save money. On the other hand, you can eat foods that will assist your body in maintaining a healthy blood sugar level, once you are properly evaluated by a physician. (08/17/2007)

By Diana

Lowering Blood Sugar Without Medication

Regarding Hemoglobin A1C this is a lab test that "measures" your blood sugar over the life of your red blood cells (about 120 days). If the A1C is elevated it indicates your blood sugar has not been in control for that period of time (or out of control more than it has been in control). The higher the number, the less control and the greater the damage to your body. High sugar is very dangerous. Some mild forms of Type II Diabetes can be controlled by diet and exercise. Many cannot, but you "must" be evaluated by a doctor. Diabetes (high blood sugar) is nothing to leave to chance. It can kill you.
(08/17/2007)

By Diana

Lowering Blood Sugar Without Medication

Follow doctors orders. There is also a book called the "Dash Diet" that helps to reduce blood sugar medication over time. (08/18/2007)

By Al

Lowering Blood Sugar Without Medication
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
High Cholesterol With Tangerine
Lowering Your Cholesterol
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
fruit and a glucometer
Emergency Tips For Diabetics
🎄