Pet PagesPets

Lumpy (Tabby)

Lumpy is a 2 year old Tabby. We got Lumpy and another kitten 2 years ago when my husband suffered two strokes to help his recovery knowing that pets can relieve stress.

Lumpy loves to play "feathers", a batch of feathers on a string attached to a stick. She is like a dog when it comes to playing and will fetch her toy when she wants to play or if you throw it. She brings the feathers back in her mouth, lays them at your feet, bumps your ankles to let you know you are there and if you don't pay attention she will "yat", she doesn't meow lol.

I now have her trained that if I am in the recliner, she will jump up and lay the feather toy on the foot rest. It is sometimes hard to reach them there so now she is trained to bring them all the way up to me lol. She is quite a character and always makes us laugh. Lumpy is our "box" cat. She loves boxes and has to explore everyone that comes in the house. We shop at Aldi's and they have nice boxes that have openings cut into them and she loves going in them, no matter what the size, she will always get in somehow.

By HerkDia from Baltimore, MD

That's so cute that Lumpy fetches her toy and puts it where you can reach it to play with her! My Snickers doesn't do that, but he does love boxes, too. He appropriates any box that comes into the house, and no matter what size, he will try to get in it. If he can't, then he chews and rips it up - LOL! Any box is fair game for sharpening his claws, too, so I can't leave out any box I need to keep. Best wishes to you and Lumpy as you enjoy each other's company!

Reply Like this photo? Yes