Magical Fairy Dust Cupcakes
Great hobby to share with my Granddaughter. What a beautiful way to spend an afternoon.
Total Time: These take a bit of time because of the fun we have making them.
Yield: 24 cupcakes
Source: Our own ingenuity
- 1 Box white cake mix and ingredients listed on box
- A Few Drops red food coloring
- 2 Cans Pillsbury Vanilla Marshmallow Frosting
- 1 Tube Fairy Dust Sprinkles
- Tools & Supplies
- 2 heavy freezer bags (for decorating)
- cupcake wrappers
- cupcake pan
- a mixer
- small round tube
Be ready to have lots of fun & laughs!
- Pre-heat oven 375 degrees F. Follow cake mix box instructions to prepare cupcakes.
- When mixing the cake mix, add a few drops of red food coloring until you get the color pink you want. Usually about 6 drops.
- Then bake cupcakes as directed on the box. Cool cupcakes completely.
- Insert a small, round tube in the middle of the cupcake and pull out just the center. Save the little piece you took out and lay it beside each cupcake.
- Now, open each can of frosting, open each baggie, fold the baggie edges down and open so you are able to fill the baggie with the frosting. First fill one baggie 1/2 way, color it with what ever surprise color you want to be hiding inside your cupcake. Then cut the tip off the baggie, seal the baggie. Squeeze the frosting in each hole and cover it with the cap you pulled out.
- Now, with all the rest of the marshmallow frosting, put it in the other baggie and squeeze it around and around the cupcake designing it nicely your own way. My granddaughter is only 10 and did most of these herself. After the frosting, we sprinkled *Fairy Dust* over the cupcakes. They were the best cupcakes ever. :)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!