Mail and Recycling Container in One

Vote for this contest contender!

I have a friend who throws away junk mail only after it is falling over on every surface of her house, or envelopes on the mail she keeps. I made her this and thought it might help others.

This is a standard waste basket of 8.25 inches wide and 14.25 inches deep. The basket is 8 inches wide and 12 inches long. It sits on top with scissors, pens, envelopes and stamps. The little baskets are available at the dollar tree, the others at just about any BiMart or Target. I got mine free at my donations station but they are not expensive.

When mail comes in, she can open, keep and store things she needs. The rest can be easily slipped into the can.

I hope this will help her and any of you who might have this issue in your home. Some have also posted to keep a trash can just outside their doors to put junk mail in before it even enters the house. I think this is an even better tip but if that doesn't work for you, this little idea just might.

N-JOY!

What a neat idea especially for 'small & already tight living quarter's' - thanks for sharing!

You are welcome. I agree we need to utilize every single inch of tiny places!

Sandi, there must not be an inch of wasted space in your apartment! This is really clever and I may be able to use this idea at some of my group's "helping hands" locations.

I have used so many of your ideas and just when I think - what will she think of next - here you are!

Thanks again and again,

Betty

Betty...I need to get out the door sometimes but my head is getting too big! Thanks though. I am currently working on 4 ideas to post as soon as they are done. Stay tuned!!

Sandi, I am sure that most of us have "unique" ideas sitting around our house or maybe in our mind, but you are the exception and you put your ideas to work which benefit more people than just me.

I love following all of your posts and always try to pass them on to someone else.

Happy Easter!

Betty

Happy Easter back atcha!! And thanks for the kind words. I am one of those people who write things down or forget about them. So imagine what a mess I would be without Jess and her family's site and all my wonderful followers!

I agree with you - it is much nicer now that I have time to participate in some of the postings. I decided at 82 I might need to say no - at least once in a while.

Betty

I forgot to mention that I put most of your posts in my favorites so they are always available when I think someone could benefit from the information.