Maine Coon Mix Photos

Category Cats
Maine Coon
Many mixed breed cats exhibit the appearance and loving, gentle behavior of the Maine Coon cat. This page contains Maine Coon mix photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Merlin is 5 years old. We believe that he must be at least part Maine Coon because he is the largest cat that I have ever seen. I have also heard that they are very calm and sweet and laid back. That sure fits my Merlin.

He has white cottony fur with one gray spot on the back of his head that looks like an angel with her wings spread. He has one blue eye and one green eye. That is why we named him Merlin.

One hot August afternoon, I was working in my front yard. I saw a white cat lying in the grass by the street. I didn't think much of it, but the cat was still there when I finished my work. Afraid that the cat might be injured, I walked near. The cat didn't run away, so I called to it and it ran to me.

The poor little kitten was so dirty that I didn't realize that he was all white. He was infested with fleas and so thin that you could see every bone in his body. I was afraid to take him in with my other cats, not knowing if he had some disease. But I fed him and put him in a crate until morning, then I took him to my vet. The vet sprayed his fleas and pronounced him healthy, but almost dead from starvation.

We kept him in a room away from our other pets for a week. I fed him night and morning and my son fed him a meal while I was at work. He would eat, drink water, and use his litter box and then fall asleep on our chests. My son was worried that he wouldn't play like a kitten should. But he was just starving and exhausted. No telling what he had gone through. When I bathed him, I found that he was solid white except for one gray spot on the back of his head. The rest of the gray was road dirt.

After a week of rest, he was ready to play and join the household. And then he began to grow and grow and GROW! Merlin likes to sit in the window and watch the world (and the birds) go by. He is always watching when I leave for work and when I come home. Merlin plays gently with my 2 other cats. He knows that he is much larger than they are. And they love to groom him for some reason.

He also enjoys teasing the dogs and making them chase him. Then he will get under a table and just stop! The dogs never do catch on, they play his game anytime that he wants them to. But mostly Merlin likes to cuddle and purr. He is the sweetest cat that I have ever had. He loves and is loved by every member of the family, including my Chihuahuas that he loves to tease. They are often seen sleeping in a cuddling mass of cat and dog.

We don't know where he came from nor how he found his way to my house. It seemed that he had a long and difficult journey. But when he arrived, he was home. He is the sweetest, most loving cat that I have. And with his size that is a very good thing. If he was ever in a bad mood, he could really do some damage! He never is tho, he is very even tempered.

By Janus

Merlin at the window.

Comment Like this photo? 19

Sir Catty-Kit will be 6 years old in Feb. of 2011. He is half Maine Coon and half Sealpoint Siamese. A friend offered him to us and after one look into his eyes, we said "Yes!" This photo is of Sir Catty-Kit's Shopping Bag Takeover.

Our DIL came home from shopping, went straight to her office and removed all the clothing from the bag. Kit jumped up on her desk to see what was in the bag, and finding it "empty" promptly jumped into the bag.

I realized that Steph hadn't taken out her receipts, and went to get them for her. Kit wouldn't allow me to put my hand in the bag.

I knew we were in for a mama-vs-cat fight, so I picked up bag, cat and all, and took them to the living room and placed them on a chair. Then, the fun began.

There is nothing in the world that Kit loves more than a bag or a box that he can get into. From the time he was a tiny kitten, he's played with every bag, box, basket, or even some of my big wooden bowls that sit on the floor. He'll select one, and stuff himself into it, and he's "king of the mountain". He will not give up his spot for anything.

I continued to try to retrieve Steph's receipts several times, and got smacked every time my hands were close enough. He remains very alert and looks you right in the eye and double-dog-dares you to bother him in any way. He acts as serious as people do when they're playing a highly competitive game.

His eyes will get a little red devil in them, and he'll pretend to be going to sleep just to get you to sneak a hand in and "smack"! He's got you.

He's our darling, and he's as much fun to play with as any person could be. He's smart and loving, and he sleeps right in the bed with hubby and me keeping my feet as warm as toast.

His fur is like 3 layers of rabbit fur, his eyes are as green as Ireland, and being half Maine Coon, he's huge and the most gentle of giant kitties.

He's made up all the games we play like his own version of hide-and-seek, peek-a-boo, chase, and tag. When he wants you to play with him, he'll arch his back like a Halloween cat, and hop sideways. That's your cue to "Come and catch me if you can" and then he runs to hide under the dining room table or maybe the bed. He's a good hider too, and will remain just as still and quiet as a mouse until you find him, then he's off again in the other direction to hide again.

If you hide from him, he'll sneak up on you, and jump at you, then he runs to hide again. This would go on for hours I think. He never seems to tire as long as he's playing with one of us.

We have a special stool that's like one that fits under the counter top that is "HIS". If he wants to be brushed, he'll jump up on his stool and wait. If you want to brush him, you just tell him to go and get up on his stool, and he'll do it right away.

I often feel that he's absolutely disgusted with us for not learning to speak "cat language". He understands people language, so why can't we understand him when he says he wants more tuna?

Kit loves water, and will play in the lavatory. If he wants you to turn on the water to just a drip, he'll jump up on the edge of the vanity top, and tell you verbally to please turn on the water. He'll look right into your eyes and tell you what he wants, but his body language and actions tells you at the same time. He'll start digging at the drain like he thinks that's where the water is going to come from, but that's only part of his game. I think he's really just washing his paws, because he drinks from the faucet, then he'll dig some more, then drink more.

He is the most amusing pet we've ever been owned by, and we've had some great ones. We'd decided we would not get another pet when our last kitty died at age 11. We were so afraid of not living 11 more years ourselves and the thought of having to leave one to someone else never did set well with either of us. If our pet would have missed us as much as we've missed the ones who wait for us now at the Rainbow Bridge, just the thought of it was too painful.

I can hardly stand to think of what we'd have missed had we not taken Kit when he was offered to us. He is as crazy about our son (and vice versa) as he is about us, so should anything happen to us, we know Kit has a home with people he knows and loves. He'll be 6 years old this coming February 14, St. Valentine's Day. If animals have horoscopes, then Kit is an Aquarian, the sign of friendship, and no person or animal could fit that sign better than Kit does.

By Pookarina/Julia

SirCattyKit400x439.jpg

SirCattyKit400x338.jpg

SirCattyKit400x332.jpg

Cat in a bag.

Comment Like this photo? 12

Our little cat, Tiger, is about 5 months of age. We hand fed it since it was an orphan, one of 12 kittens. They learned to climb on my husband's chest and nuzzle his beard. They use their hands to ask to be held.

We have this one out of the litter that we kept. Tiger's mom was a Maine Coon mix. They all look like Tabbies, they are grey and striped. Our cat had kittens because she ran away and did the cat thing on the day of her spay appointment. She ran out the door and into the backyard and came back with kittens.

We like to turn a piece of carpet over and a nail it to a piece of wood and leave it for the cat to scratch on, it is the same feel as that expensive thing they sell that looks like cardboard. It lasts longer though. You can also roll up a little remnant square if you can, and tie it and it is fun for them to scratch on, especially if you use the spray on it but you don't have to use the catnip spray.

Our Tiger is like a dog, if you don't pay attention to it in the right way or at the right time, it will follow you around holding its paws up for attention like a little child. It also likes to play with the ferret we have named "Where's the Weasel?"

By Robyn

Grey and white tabby striped cat.

Comment Like this photo? 9

I was given Lil' Bit from a friend in Las Vegas, Nevada when the Mama kitty was killed by a car in 2010.

kitty with red beanie on

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

This is a photo of Little Man a.k.a. Tom-Tom. He is a 4 year old long haired mix of Maine Coon and orange tabby. He was a stray left at our local library with a bowl of food. He enjoys sleeping on my printer when I am on the computer and pounces at anything that moves.

Cat lying on printer.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

This is Stinky Winky (or just Winky) and Sparkles the Florida White Bunny. Winky is a 6 month old Maine Coon mix and Sparkles is 1 year old Florida White Rabbit.

Black and white cat cuddling with a white rabbit.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Gypsy is 10 months old. I think he is part Russian Blue and Maine Coon. I got him last summer from the local SPCA. He likes to lay close to daddy, play with his toys and his big sister Angel, a deaf blue healer mix (they are best buddies).

Grey cat lying upside down.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Mr. Pants is a 2 1/2 year old Tiger/Maine Coon mix. He was given to a neigbor with 7 of his brothers and sisters and his mom when he was just 3 hours old.

Cat sitting on bum.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This is a picture of my 10 year old cat Max. We got him when he was a year and a half old. Someone had left him in a trailer when they moved out. A neighbor heard him meowing and rescued him. They placed an ad in the newspaper and that's how we got him!

Cat with neck ruff.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

I rescued him from a shelter. He does not know he is so large.

Rascal (Maine Coon Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Saffron is 2 years old. She is a Main Coon/Tabby. I adopted her from a shelter a little over a year ago. She likes to sit on the head rest of the sofa staring out the front window at squirrels and birds. She is the best cat I've ever had.

Playing with a multisided alphabet die.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Pumpkin is a mixed maine coon and something. Mama is a calico. He was born in the house 4-5 years ago. He likes to aggravate other cats, sleep and play with cat toys.

Reddish orange and white cat.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Tucker (Maine Coon mix) and Keifer (alley cat) photo. Tucker is a 2 year old Maine Coon mix and Keifer is a 1+ year old slinky little alley cat.

Kitten in basket and cat jumping over.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Sir Catty-Kit (Maine Coon-Siamese)

Sir Catty-Kit will be 2 years old on Feb 14, 2007. He is half Siamese; half Maine Coon Tabby. A friend gave him to us when he was 10 weeks old.

He likes to play Chase, Hide and Seek, Peek-a-Boo and will take over any kind of box he can get himself into.

"Kit" helps my husband and me with everything we do. As we were redoing our Christmas wreath this past Christmas, Kit was in the middle of the wreath "holding ribbon" down for us. It presented just too good a picture to miss.

By Julia from Orlando, FL

Answers:

Sir Catty-Kit (Maine Coon-Siamese)

He is a beauty! We also have a part Maine Coon-Siamese. My son got him at the shelter when he was 8 weeks old. He eventually gave him to us. His name is Java. He is black and very fluffy (long haired) He weighs about 17 lbs and likes to be carried around on our shoulder(UGG). He is almost 12 yrs old now and has diabetes but is doing well. I would send a picture but I don't have a digital camera. (01/17/2007)

By Nancy MC

Sir Catty-Kit (Maine Coon-Siamese)

Well, Sir Catty-Kit makes a very pretty Christmas decoration! I know he is a lot of fun to have around. My Miss Kitty (Bombay) is a loving lapful. (01/17/2007)

By tedsmom

Sir Catty-Kit (Maine Coon-Siamese)

=^..^= What a regal name of course it fits as this is one regal looking guy, how handsome. He is gorgeous and how fun. (01/20/2007)

By meoowmom

Sir Catty-Kit (Maine Coon-Siamese)

He is gorgeous. You should make it a series. Kit on Valentine's Day, Kit at Easter, Kit on Arbor Day:) (01/20/2007)

By thriftyboo