Make Chicken Broth From Rotisserie Chickens

Have you ever bought one of those delicious seasoned roasted chickens from the supermarket? After the chicken meat was gone and picked clean; I mean really clean, what did you do with the rest of the bones, skin and stuff? I used to throw it away. What a WASTE! Ms. chicken gave her all for you (not that she had a choice) but I think we should do some justice for her sacrifice.

Put all of the chicken left-overs in a pot and add 2 quarts of water combined maybe with some canned chicken broth (your preference) and simmer for an hour or so until you get a perfectly seasoned broth. Add your own seasonings if you wish. Strain out all of the solids and freeze the resulting soup base and add to any chicken dish that calls for stock.

Bok, bok, good eating!

By sue123 from Oroville, CA

Answers:

I always do this. I find that it is about the same price at Costco to buy a rotisserie chicken as it is to buy the uncooked whole chicken. So, whenever I want an easy roast chicken dinner, I grab a couple of these. We eat the meat (boys love the drumsticks!) and strip off the rest for soups and other recipes. I pick the meat off the bones but I don't worry about getting every bit, it will just add flavor to the broth.

I just throw anything left (bones, skin, even the drumsticks from the boy's dinner) into my stockpot. I cover the carcass with water and add an onion (including skin), garlic, celery, carrots and spices. Yum! (04/15/2010)

By jess

If you roast the bones in the oven until they are a nice brown color and then make your broth, it makes for a really yummy broth! (04/15/2010)

By hugmehugs

We've done this for years with home-baked or store-bought baked or rotisseried chickens. Even if you're not into making soup, the broth is wonderful for cooking rice or vegetables or making gravy.

Our GrandDoggie Sadie Belle wants me to tell you that it's also just the greatest for pouring over your doggie's food especially if you're feeding just dry dog food. If I were making it just for a pet, I'd leave out the onion as doggies are not supposed to have onion in any way. Don't know about kitties and onions, other than to say that I know for sure our Sir Catty-Kit wouldn't be caught dead eating an
onion. LOL

Great tip.Sue. Thank you.
(04/24/2010)

By PookaRina

Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken. Chickens Being Roasted Rotisserie Style
Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken
Rotisserie chicken in a plastic to go box
Using a Rotisserie Chicken for Several Meals
A bowl of fresh vegetable soup.
Making Vegetable Broth
George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie
George Foreman Jr. Rotisserie Manual
Pet chicken in the backyard.
Pet Chickens Information and Photos
🎄