Make Smoothies With Extra Ripe Fruit

Any time I have berries that are not pretty enough to serve or put on cereal or bananas that are over ripe, I make my own recipes for smoothies. My family loves them and they are soooo good for us on these hot dog days of Summer.

This morning, I put a over ripe banana in the blender with about six ounces of milk, you can also use soy milk, a couple ice cubes, a good size spoon of peanut butter, smooth or crunchie, added a few frozen blueberries which are in season right now in Texas, and so much less expensive than other times of the year.

I turned the blender on and, in less then a minute, had a great breakfast. Experiment and use whatever fruit you have on hand. I really love the peanut butter in there and it gives you some protein which will help you stay content until lunch!

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

Making a Smoothie in a Blender
Making Smoothies
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
green tomatoes
Tomatoes Are Not Getting Ripe
Mango on white background with leaves.
Freezing Mangoes
🎉
🎄