Make Two Meals at Once

Save a night of cooking by doubling up on another night. Whatever you're cooking; stew, chicken, meatloaf, chili; prepare another batch at the same time. It won't take any more time than one meal but you'll have two. Eat one that evening and freeze the other for another evening when you won't have to cook, just thaw and reheat.

By Trace from Wartburg

Make Two Meals at Once

It always amazes me that people buy Roasted Chickens for $6.99 each when they can roast 2 chickens on a Sunday night and have them for the week. I am cooking a chicken tonight and it was $.59/lb. It costs a little over $2.00. I have a family of 4. We will eat the chicken tonight for dinner. Tomorrow we may have chicken pot pie with the leftovers and I will save the bones for a soup.

If you make the 2 chickens on a Sunday, you will have enough meat for the rest of the week. Already cooked chicken can be the basis for so many quick meals. (02/12/2009)

By Linda.

Make Two Meals at Once
Cooking for Two
Cooking for Two Recipes
Busy Woman Cooking
Cooking Once a Week
Baking Two Cake Flavors
Baking Two Cake Flavors in One Pan
A mother showing her son how to crack an egg.
Teaching Kids to Cook