Make Your Own Air Fresheners

Gel Air Freshener

• 2 Cups water
  • 4 packets unflavored gelatin
  • essential or fragrance oil
  • food coloring

Bring 1 cup of water almost to a boil. Stir in gelatin, stir until dissolved. Remove from heat, mix in food coloring, 10 drops of oil, and the other cup of water. Mix well. Pour into jars and let set.

I used some old candle jars that have lids, that way I can put the lid on if wanted. The ones I made where cinnamon and spice. I put fresh cranberries, whole cloves and a stick of cinnamon in them for decoration. I had to pour in about half of the gelatin, put the things in it then lidded them. I put them in the refrigerator for a while to set quicker. After they set I pushed some of the things around the set gelatin, then poured the rest of the Gelatin on top. They look really cool!

By Kathy

Aromatic Room Fresheners

I make aromatic room fresheners for Christmas presents. These are very easy and can be personalized by using different scents. Here is one I use as a good smelling antiseptic spray to use around the house. I spray it on doorknobs and light switches to kill germs.

To a 2 oz bottle with a spritzer top add 1 tablespoon of alcohol (I use vodka)

Add 10 drops of eucalyptus oil, 10 drops of lavender oil, 5 drops of rosemary oil, and 5 drops of tea tree oil. Fill the rest of the bottle with water. Shake and spray.

FromThe Antibiotic Alternative by Cindy L.A. Jones, PhD

By Liz

Aromatic Room Fresheners

I love to put an air freshener in almost every room in my house but have found that it becomes costly. I experimented one day and came up with this:

I buy cheap (dollar store) small clay pots and I dip them in lemon juice or cheap dollar oils. Wait until it dries a bit, put a little moss in it and place it in the room. The scent stays for a very long time and has a lovely scent. My rooms are always fresh with the scent and have received many compliments from people as they can't figure out where it is coming from.

Very inexpensive but effective.

By Carolyn from E Northport NY

Answers:

Making The House Smell Good

To make my house smell good in a hurry and to save money I simply add a few drops of vanilla extract to a small pan full of water. I also add whole cloves and cinnamon and let simmer on lowest heat for an hour on the stove.

By Tammy R. (11/20/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Make Your Own Air Fresheners

I make my own air freshener with vanilla essence, rose oil and water, and the smell lasts. The vanilla essence helps for a smoke smell, try it, it works. (07/19/2007)

By Franci

Make Your Own Air Fresheners

I put laundry soap in an empty glad air freshener plug in. Waiting to see what happens. (08/02/2007)

By Rachel

Homemade Air Freshener Recipes
Homemade Air Fresheners
Getting Rid of the Smell from a Plugin Air Freshener
Plugged in air freshener
Can You Refill Plug-in Air Fresheners?
flip flop air freshener
Making Car Air Fresheners
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
🎉
🎄