Make Your Own Tinted Moisturizer

Wearing foundation during the summer seems to clog pores due to excessive sweating and humidity. To prevent clogged pores, you can make your own tinted moisturizer with two things you probably have in your make-up bag already. Mix some mineral powdered foundation into your regular moisturizer. You can vary the amounts of either the mineral powder or moisturizer depending on the coverage and color you are trying to achieve. This also works for making a luminescent moisturizer (the ones that give you a pearly glow). In that case, you would use some illuminating powder or pearlized eye shadow without glitter.

By abrupt_silence from Seattle, WA

Make Your Own Tinted Moisturizer

I also use this method but I mix liquid foundation with moisturizer. It gives a much lighter coverage. Especially in summer. (05/26/2010)

By blackbess

Make Your Own Tinted Moisturizer

That's awesome. I've found that the type of liquid foundation I use doesn't mix well with my moisturizer and tends to get streaky. What type of foundation do you use? (05/26/2010)

By abrupt_silence

Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Bottle of olive oil with olive branch in the foreground.
Using Olive Oil as a Moisturizer
Woman putting moisturizer on her hands.
Removing Moisturizer Stains from Clothing
Shortening with Knife
Uses for Shortening
Running to Make Your Legs Look Better
Making Your Legs Look Better