Make Your Own Weed Killer Recipe

Will the vinegar and dish soap work for not just surface weeds, but roots as well? If this is not remedied soon, I will have weeds the size of trees like last year when we bought the house. That was last July, so we decided to wait. Please help, I'm desperate to sod and start a small vegetable garden. Thanks.

Hardiness Zone: 10b

By ladyhawk171 from Windsor, ON Canada

Make Your Own Weed Killer Recipe

When it comes to homemade weed killers, if you kill the leaves of a weed too quickly, your vinegar or bleach or whatever will not be absorbed into the plant and kill the roots.

You can read all about homemade weed killers here: (05/06/2009)

By Anonymous

Make Your Own Weed Killer Recipe

It makes sense to me to simply mow them prior to putting the vinegar solution on them. That's what I did and it did kill them all the way to the roots. (05/08/2009)

By Cricketnc

Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes