Make Your Own Weed Killer Recipe

What is a good homemade natural weed killer?

By Sophia from Jamestown, NY

Answers:

Make Your Own Weed Killer Recipe

I say you take off and nuke the entire site from orbit; it's the only way to be sure. I am trying the 3% vinegar, salt, and soap approach using a narrow stream right into the maw of the dandelion plant. Each application is limited to the specific plant; I am not applying it to a broad area of my lawn. My goal is to keep the dandelions from spreading too far. I will let you know the results. (04/10/2010)

By hugh59

Make Your Own Weed Killer Recipe

Vinegar=
Put straight vinegar into a cheap garden sprayer ($12) and spray this onto your weeds. You can also pour the vinegar right on to the soil to kill the roots and stop everything from growing there in the future. If you heat Vinegar up, it works even better. You can also buy a special vinegar with a stronger acid content at most plant nurseries. That works even better!

Boiling Water=
If you want a temporary weed killer and don't want to stop everything from growing, just pour boiling water on to the area. It's easiest to use a propane camping stove and boil your water outside. Use a camping coffee pot with a handle and a pouring-spout if you have one, and be careful that the steam doesn't splash back and scald you!

DO NOT leave the water cooking outside unattended because a child, your pet, or a neighbor's cat may burn themselves! (04/10/2010)

By Cyinda

Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Vinegar
Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
🎄