Make your own bookmarks from recycled cards

You can make some really cute bookmarks to give as gifts or to use to help adorn your gifts. Attach them to the gift wrapping or to the bows.

I have some really cute ones cut out from old greeting cards. Just find an image on the card that you like, such as a flower or a house or some animals, and cut it out. You can glue felt on the back of the bookmark if you want, or even hotglue on a homemade ribbon or tassel.

I was going through a book last night and found one I made, and that reminded me about these.

Ness - Lakeview, NY

About The Author: Ness is co-list mom of Waste Nothing

Uses for Old Cards

Ness: I'll probably try the bookmark idea for old cards. I also use them for name tags for gifts. However, I copied the following idea from a newspaper which I cut out last year. We get quite a few cards where I work and I sent cards to the second organization since it is only about 45 minutes from where I live. My aunt lives there and says it appears to be a reputable organization. I am sure there are other organizations which accept cards and there may be one in your area if you are interested.

With every good wish for the holidays! (12/05/2000)

For mother's day (04/30/2004)

By Tina.

I cut up packaging of fancy toilet soaps, herbal tea. That way you can get 4 or 5 bookmarks out of one package. Then you can punch a hole in the top and thread through embroidery thread(s) to make a tassel. Often price tags from newly bought clothes especially " brands" can be used the same way. (09/13/2004)

By kiwi eema

Using Old Christmas Cards
Uses for Old Greeting Cards
Finished tile trivet project (square format).
Making a Greeting Card Trivet
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
A bookmark made out of wallpaper scraps.
Homemade Bookmarks