Making A Braided Denim Rug

I would like to know how to make a braided denim rug. Has anyone ever done this and if so, could you please give me instructions?

Thanks so much,
Crystal from Illinois

Making A Braided Denim Rug

Hi. I just started making braided rugs, but have worked with fabric for years. For 1) figure out how large you want your braid to be then cut your strips. I'm guessing 2 inches width will work well. If the braid is too small then it takes so much more time which means less rugs. And 2) sew your strips together and roll them around a thin piece of fabric as like a wheel, then tie together with the ends of the thin fabric. When braiding, fold the raw edges inside, or fold in thirds to have a bit of fray with wear. Braid and sew, and braid and sew some more until done. (01/17/2005)

By the rug lady

Making a Braided Denim Rug
custom bleached denim with an intricate design
Bleaching Denim
Plastic Bag Rug
Making a Rug from Plastic Bags
Denim Wallet
Making a Denim Wallet
Crocheted Blue Jeans Rug
Crocheted Blue Jeans Rug