Making Apple Monster Mouths
If you are looking for a cute Halloween snack try apple monster mouths. This is a guide about making apple monster mouths.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Our daughter made these scary apple monster mouths for school and she wanted to make them again at home. They are fun to make and even more fun to eat!
Total Time: 5 minutes
- apples, cut into slices
- sunflower seeds, shelled
- fruit preserves (raspberry, etc.)
- Cut the apple into slices. It helps if the inside edge is a little bit flat so that the apple wedges can stand up on the plate. Note: I recommend spritzing the apple slices with a little bit of lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Push sunflower seeds into the apple slices, around the edge near the peel. This creates the teeth.
- Put a small spoonful of jelly in between the two slices of apple and spread it out. Then gently close the mouth onto the jelly.
These treats are a little more healthy than most, but are sure to fit right in with other spooky treats at your Halloween party.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 mouths
- 1 large apple
- 1 cup peanut butter
- mini marshmallows
- Wash the apple and cut it into 8 sections. Cut each section in half again, to form the two lips. Slice off the core and seed portion.
- Spread peanut butter onto one side of each slice, soften peanut butter if necessary.
- Press mini marshmallows into the peanut butter along the peel side to make the teeth. Place one mini marshmallow behind the row of teeth to help stabilize the top lip.
- Place the top lip onto the marshmallow teeth. Enjoy!
October 1, 20120 found this helpful
This short video show you the simple steps to making Apple Monster Mouths, a healthier Halloween treat. View the full recipe here: Apple Monster Mouths
In These Guides