Making Christmas Coasters

Category Decorations
Christmas Coasters
These Christmas coasters are an adorable and useful decoration. This is a guide about making Christmas coasters.

It never seems to fail that I end up having an extra guest or two (sometimes more) for Christmas dinner. This is when we open gifts, also. I try to keep something on hand that I can give them as a gift without them thinking they were forgotten. Most people have come to expect a handmade gift from me.

These easy to make coasters make a darling gift all wrapped up in Christmas wrap with a dainty bow on top. They are so versatile, the images can be anything from vintage to modern. It doesn't matter what the theme, as long as it is handmade. Makeup some extras for those in-laws, neighbors, or friends at work that seem to have everything. When they use them they will think of you and the wonderful times you have had together.

Approximate Time: 20 minutes

Instructions:

1. Cut out the four images you wish to make into a coaster. Using white glue, glue them in place on the coaster. Allow to dry for about 30 minutes in a well ventilated area.

2. Next trace around one of the coasters with a pencil on the back of the Contact paper. You can make each circle if you want, but I fold my Contact paper until I have all 4 circles that I need. I hold the Contact paper together or hold it with a paperclip and cut the circles out.

3. Next take the paper off one of the circles and adhere it to the front of your coaster where your image is. Be careful to work from top to bottom working slowly and smoothing out as you go. Continue until all four are finished.

4. Cut away any excess Contact paper from around the edges of your coaster. Next using a warm iron press the coaster between two pieces of a towel on medium heat. This will seal your coaster completely.

Now your coasters are finished and ready for use. For an extra special gift tie them up with a cute jute string and attach a card.

Tip: I like to pick different topics and find clip art or images that fit together. You may wish to make more than four if a family is larger. Just uses a few more supplies.

By Gem from VA

That is so great! I would like to try this.

They are so easy and fun to make.

Thanks. I had a ball.

Gem

The end of the roll of Christmas gift wrap will provide several images. Stickers would be a good source of images also.

These are great!