Making Cloud Dough
Cloud dough, also known as moon dough, is a fun sensory plaything for young children. They can press it together like wet sand to make lots of shapes. This is a guide about making cloud dough
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make cloud dough for your little ones to play with. A great sensory activity. It sticks together like wet sand would.
Approximate Time: 5-10 minutes
- baby oil
- container for mixing
- bin for playing
- cups, bowls, scoops, etc.
- Mix together 4 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of baby oil in a large bowl.
- Stir or use hands to mix until the oil is absorbed and forming little crumbs.
- Pour cloud dough into a large tub or sand table for child to play with. You can easily double this recipe or make multiple batches to fill a space.
- Give your child spoons, bowls, old muffin tins, and anything else you can find around the house to play with in their cloud dough.
By Domestic Charm from AZ
This fun sand-like medium is a fun sensory activity for toddlers. Cloud dough is super simple to throw together. All you need is flour and oil. Some cloud dough recipes call for baby oil. I chose to go with vegetable oil because I knew my son was likely to taste the dough. In the picture below, you will see my assumption was spot on.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Cloud dough is super simple to throw together. All you need is to mix together 2 cups of flour and 1/4 cup of oil. If you would like, you could add food coloring and essential oils to the vegetable oil to give the cloud dough a fun color and scent.
- Mix together until the flour takes on a wet sand like texture. You will be able to clump the flour together in your hands and it will hold shape.
- Put the cloud dough in a small container and add some things to play with, such as cookie cutters, small bowls, or small plastic animals. In order to contain the mess, I had my son sit inside a big clear storage tub to play. He loves playing with cloud dough and sitting in the big tub. It's a win win!
December 15, 20140 found this helpful
Cloud dough is great for sensory play. Kids like the wet sand like texture.
In This Guide