Making Crochet Doll Clothes

Category Patterns
Crocheted Tuxedo on Doll
If you enjoy crocheting smaller projects, then making doll clothing may just be for you. This is a guide about making crochet doll clothes.

Instructions for making a 18 inch Crocheted Doll Sweater.

A crocheted doll's sweater in pink.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Making crochet doll clothing accessories is usually quick, fun, and easy. Even the doll's owner may be able to make some too. This is a guide about crocheted beanie hat for an American Girl doll.

Crocheted Beanie Hat for American Girl Doll

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a crocheted dress for an American Girl doll. Make your own American Girl doll dress by crocheting it.

Crocheted Dress for American Girl Doll

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a crocheted headband for an American girl doll. Accessorize your child's favorite doll with this pretty headband.

A crocheted headband on an American girl doll.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

If you like to crochet doll clothing, then this project is for you. This is a guide about crocheted slippers for American Girl doll.

Crocheted Slippers for American Girl Doll

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Dress up your American Girl doll or any 18" doll with this pretty wrist corsage. This is a guide about crocheted wrist corsage for an American Girl doll.

Crocheted Wrist Corsage for American Girl Doll

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I would like to make a crocheted dress for my 13 in. doll and I lost the pattern that the doll came with. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or pattern links? Also I'm looking for doll patterns for a 10 in. doll. Thank you.

Kelly from Medina, Ohio

FYI

Lot of patterns:

http://www.croc  olls_clothes.php

I don't crochet - I sew my doll clothes 'cause I can't seem to learn knitting or crochet - but I love finding stuff !

Here's one with a buncha doll sizes -

http://www.croc  olls_clothes.php

Here's a lot of Barbie knit and crochet, but scroll down for baby doll clothes -

http://www.bevs  .com/barbie.html

Vintage crochet patterns, for those 'Dress Me' dolls - maybe there's something here you can adapt ?

http://www.free  t.com/dolls.html

And a few more -

http://www.croc  ;accessories.htm

Hope you don't already have these !

Ebay has tons.

Thank you all for all the links!

You can always go see Ravelry they have a couple of cute patterns.

I have recently given my granddaughter a Dora Links doll and would like to make some clothes for it. The doll is about 13 inches tall so is overall a bit larger than a Barbie doll. Does anyone know of a sewing pattern source?

By the way, this is an amazing interactive doll linked to your computer. The games and activities are incredible.

Thanks.

By Barb S from Munster, IN

Have you checked the major pattern maker catalogs? I've bought doll clothes patterns for 15" dolls from McCalls, Simplicity, and Butterick. I know that I've seen patterns for 13" dolls while browsing.

Try a search online for these patterns. I have them but don't have a solutions as how to get them to you. Would be too much to scan and send via email or to copy and send via snail mail. Many times you can find them on ebay as well. Hope this helps.

Butterick 5742

Simplicity 5615

McCalls 1657

I just did a search for exactly the patterns I listed and did find them. So do the search in Google and you shall find them. Hope this helps.

Does anyone have a pattern or know a website for a swimsuit for a "Water Baby" or similar size doll? We have 3 baby dolls and we are taking them to the pool naked all the time! Help me cover them up! Thanks!

Brandy

Their is a website for waterbabys. maybe that will help.

i have a baby with a swimsuit looks just like the water babys its a 12 inch baby doll made in 1997

by toybiz wearing a pink swimsuit with yellow fish

for 5 dollars i'll send it to you and i'll pay shipping justincrystalhaley AT hotmail.com

I just crocheted this beautiful Barbie dress from Annie's attic. How do you shape the three layers of ruffles?

By Mary

Hi Mary, Please read all of this first. I didn't really put it in order, as in step 1, 2, 3. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. Good Luck.

Try this. Get a piece of styrofoam (I hate the stuff, but it works), or cork board. Spread the dress out so you have a big circle, like a doily with the "body" part of the dress bunched in the center. You will need a spray bottle of starch, a spray bottle of water, straight pins and some ping-pong balls, or golf balls.

After spraying the dress with water till just a little damp, use the straight pins to pull the circles out nice and round. Not too tight, just so the crochet stitches are open and where they belong. Use lots and lots of pins. Place a ball under each ruffle and pin the ruffles over them. Space them evenly around. Start with the smaller, inner circle of ruffles first. On the next layer of skirt ruffles, try to alternate the up and down wave of the ruffles when compared to the first circle of ruffles. Do this again with the third layer.

Now spray only the skirt ruffles (not the dress in the center) with starch. You can make this easier by placing a small plastic bag over the body part of the dress like a tent. Use plenty of starch but not so much that it's dripping. Just nicely damp. Now let it all dry. Keep the kids and cats away. He! He!. Won't hurt them, but what a mess there will be. Drying time could take awhile. It's just a bit of a pain in the "back" to bend over to put in all those pins.