Making Easter Suncatchers
Easter themed suncatchers are as fun to make as they are to display for the holiday. This is a guide about making Easter suncatchers
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These cute suncatchers make great window decorations for Easter. They are easy to make using plastic beads and cookie cutters, so you can make almost any shape.
Total Time: 40-60 minutes
- plastic pony beads
- cookie cutters
- cookie sheets or pie tin
NOTE: I chose to buy a cake pan at the thrift store, instead of using one that I cook with. Just to be on the safe side.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set your cookie cutters on the cookie sheet or pie tin. Arrange the beads in the cutters. Turn the beads on end in tight spaces, they will melt just fine on their sides. The less gaps you have, the less likely you will have holes in your shapes. NOTE: For the bunny's eye, I placed a smaller black bead on top of a white pony bead.
- Once you have all of your cutters filled with beads, bake them in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until all of the beads have melted and there are no gaps or holes. The longer you heat them, the smoother it will melt into the shape. NOTE: I highly recommend opening windows and turning on the hood fan, as there are some fumes when these are baking.
- Remove them from the oven and set them on a cooling rack. After a couple of minutes you will begin to hear popping noises as the plastic cools and separates from the cutters and pan.
- Once they are cool enough to touch, gently push them out of the cutters.
- To make them window decorations, use a small drill bit and make a hole to thread string through. I am sure there are endless ways that these can be used though...get creative! :)
March 14, 20131 found this helpful
These cute suncatchers make great window decorations for Easter. They are easy to make using plastic beads and cookie cutters, so you can make almost any shape. View the full project here: Easter Suncatchers
In These Guides