Making Egg Salad

Category Eggs
Egg Salad
There are many wonderful recipes available for making egg salad. Likewise, many cooks have their own tips for making this popular egg dish. This is a guide about making egg salad.

When I need my hard-boiled eggs finely chopped for recipes such as Cobb Salads, I peel them and run them through one of those netted bags that holds garlic. Just push through over your bowl!

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

Next time you are cooking scrambled eggs, cook a double quantity and leave half to cool. These can then be mashed with your preferred mayonnaise and freshly ground black pepper to taste. It saves all the palaver of shelling boiled eggs, and is easier to mix into the bargain. I normally scramble my eggs with salted butter - if you prefer to use only skimmed milk, you may wish to add salt. If I am not planning to use the sandwich filling immediately, I will usually store in the fridge for up to three days, covered with cling film.

A quick and easy way to make egg salad sandwich spread quickly is to use a pastry blender tool. This is normally used to get your pie crust ready to roll. If you leave the boiled eggs whole, then slice down with the blades to make into tiny little pieces for condiments.

When making egg salad we all know to boil the water, add your eggs and cover. Turn the heat off and let sit for 20 minutes. No gray ring around the yolk and perfectly done. Cool and peel the eggs. To smash them up I put all the whole peeled eggs into a container and mash with a pastry blender. It takes two minutes, I add the mayonnaise, mustard and celery and smash again. The fastest way to make a nice creamy egg salad. No knives or egg cutters needed.

By Valery from Cranford NJ