Making Embroidery Hoop Pumpkins
Using a variety of fabrics and embroidery hoops you can make these decorative wall hangings for Halloween and Thanksgiving. This is a guide about making embroidery hoop pumpkins
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you are looking for a quick and colorful decoration for Halloween, use up your scrap fabric and make some embroidery hoop pumpkins!
- large fabric scraps (or fat quarters)
- embroidery hoops (various sizes)
- green curling ribbon
- Separate the two parts of the embroidery hoop. Lay the fabric over the smaller, inner hoop. Press the larger hoop down over the fabric and tighten the screw at the top, gently pulling the fabric tight.
- Turn the hoop over and use scissors to trim away any excess fabric.
- Tie curling ribbon around the hoop fastener. Use scissors to curl the ribbon and trim it to the length you want. Hang them on a nail and enjoy!
October 16, 20140 found this helpful
These are so cute! Love this idea! Got me to thinking something similar for Christmas--bright Christmas fabric on a loop, similar to an ornament. Getting started on this today!
November 2, 20140 found this helpful
This pumpkin Halloween decoration is a super easy decoration to throw together with craft supplies you already have around the house.