Making Fake Snow

I want to know how I can make cheap fake snow for a tv comercial. Someone is going to hold it in his hands, so it has to look very real but it can not be ice because it will be shot in a dessert in the Dominican Republic. I need ideas.

Thank you,

Giselle

Answers:

Making Fake Snow

Try instant mashed potato flakes. They will drift through the air, and you could experiment with mixing up the potatoes to different consistencies to form snow balls. (01/08/2007)

By jean

Making Fake Snow

I don't know if they still make Ivory Flakes Soap for clothes or not, but I remember we used to get it, and add enough water to make a paste, and whip it with an electric mixer to make snow. You could put it on your tree, or wherever you wanted "snow". (01/08/2007)

By Jennifer

Making Fake Snow

The stuff you buy in the fabric store for stuffing pillows might work. Or maybe shaving cream. (01/08/2007)

Making Fake Snow

Thank you, I will try your ideas, I think the Ivory Flakes Soap might work cause I need something that would let me do whatever I want with the "snow".
(01/08/2007)

Making Fake Snow

I heard somewhere when they were discussing using snow in a commercial that using shredded plastic, white of course...like white garbage bags, try a "shredder " to shred paper to see if it gives you what you want...just a thought ?) (01/09/2007)

By jeanne

Making Fake Snow

My mother and I used to make candles to achieve a snow effect we would melt paraffin wax and an use an egg beater while it was cooling, for a sparkle effect we would use a shimmer glitter in the cooling process while using the the egg beater. Also using by grating it after gives "flakes" of snow that glimmer in the light. (01/14/2007)

By easycrafter

Making Fake Snow

Hi! I'm also looking for ways to make snow! I'm decorating a hall (and outside the hall) for my Yr 13 Ball... I'm the Chairperson of the Student Council and have got stuck with making the snow! lol any ideas would be greatly appreciated (our ball is in July so its cold then anyway!) (04/29/2007)

By Dana

Making Fake Snow

Try Sodium Polyacrylate. (A.K.A, a powder that turns into fake snow). Just mix with water and BOOM instant snow! (11/21/2007)

Making Fake Snow

In studio photographers pay top dollar for shredded Styrofoam. You could always collect your own scraps and shred them yourself. (11/24/2007)

Making Artificial Snow
Making Artificial Snow
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Snow
Making Snow Muffins
How to Shovel Snow, Man Shoveling Snow
Shoveling Snow
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄