Making Felt Gingerbread Man Ornaments

Category Ornaments
These simple Christmas decorations can be created with the kids in your life. This guide is about making felt gingerbread man ornaments.

When I was little my mom made me a felt gingerbread ornament. I decide to make some new ones for my kids this year. They are easy to make and you can decorate them any way you want.

Total Time: 1-3 hours

• gingerbread cookie cutters
  • brown felt
  • small rick rack trim
  • white embroidery floss
  • tiny buttons
  • ribbon
  • sewing needle and thread

1. Start by tracing a gingerbread cookie cutter onto the brown felt. You will need two for each ornament. Cut them out.
  2. Next, stitch the two pieces together with embroidery floss using a back stitch. Go around the entire outside.
  3. Ad
  4. Next, stitch the mouth onto the gingerbread man.
  5. Ad
  6. Cut pieces of rick rack to decorate the gingerbread man with. I chose to do hair and the edges of a shirt and pants. For the gingerbread woman I did more of a dress design. NOTE: I recommend melting the edges of the rick rack with a lighter to prevent unraveling.
  7. Stitch the rick rack pieces on with embroidery floss.
  8. I found tiny buttons at the craft store. I used black ones for the eyes and colored ones for their clothes. For the gingerbread woman, I added a bow to her hair too.
  9. Ad
  10. Cut pieces of ribbon to make the hangers. Make a loop and stitch them to the back of the ornaments.
  11. Ad

This little gingerbread man would look adorable on anyone's tree for Christmas.

• felt
  • cardboard (food packaging)
  • scissors
  • embroidery floss
  • needle

1. Draw a gingerbread template on a piece of cardboard. The easiest way is to trace a cookie cutter. Cut it out.
  2. Hold the template to the felt using rolls of tape and cut out the shape.
  3. Use white and/or black embroidery floss to create "icing" details. I used backstitching and French knots.

Felt Gingerbread Man

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 2

Felt and shiny plaid gingerbread ornament with topstitching, glitter face and ribbon bow.

Videos

This video shows the steps to making your own Felt Gingerbread Man Ornaments. This ornaments make great gifts. View the full project here: Felt Gingerbread Ornaments

I had a pattern for a snowman ornament that was made out of brown felt with a gingersnap for the face and another gingersnap for the stomach area. A face was attached to the face cookie and a red ribbon bow was attached to the neck. The pattern fit store-bought ginger snaps and was a darling decoration for gifts and for a tree. If anyone has this pattern, I would really like to get a copy of it. Thanks to any who might have information about this.

Marty

Hope you find it here:

http://www.alls  admen_tqy_gn.htm