Making French Vanilla Coffee Creamer

Category Warm Drinks
Liquid creamer being poured into white coffee cup on a table
This guide is about making French vanilla coffee creamer. A delicious addition to a cup of coffee can be made at home.

This page contains a powdered French vanilla coffee creamer recipe. Enjoy your own coffee creamer powder made at home.

Coffee with french vanilla coffee creamer.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

How do I make French vanilla coffee creamer?

By William

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

Everyone is in luck, I know how, have made my own for years now, and the recipe comes in two types, really easy and totally organic. However it helps to understand what the components really are. You simply cannot take cream and add vanilla to it and have French Vanilla creamer, this would simply be vanilla creamer. You have to know what "French" vanilla is. "French" vanilla is actually a custard base with fresh vanilla bean added for flavor. The custard base is simply milk, sugar, and eggs that you cook to get the flavor and most of all the thick creamy body.

As you guessed it, the very best recipe is also the very worst for your diet. The recipe ingredient amounts can be altered to your own tastes but it starts like this...

2 eggs, whole and very well beaten.

4 cups cold milk, (if you use skim milk and want a thicker creamy body add one extra egg or reduce the milk to 3 1/2 cups).

1/2 cup sugar.

2 fresh vanilla beans (more or less to taste, I think 2 is "very" vanilla), (slit the vanilla bean length wise and carefully scrap the insides of the bean out of the husk and throw the husk away keeping only the inside of the bean).

In a sauce pan, add the milk, sugar, vanilla and beaten eggs and whisk until well blended. Turn on the stove to low. Slowly stir the mixture constantly while heating (to prevent scalding, if you scald the mixture you cannot save it, dump it out and start over). The mixture is done when the mixture thickens, turn the heat off and continue to stir for 2 or 3 minutes to be sure. place the mixture in a clean jar and let cool 15 to 30 minutes then place in the fridge. Be sure to date it because it will only keep for a maximum of 10 days.

This second recipe is almost as good as the first but it is also far better than store bought creamer.

Pro's: It doesn't need to be cooked, takes about 10 minutes to make, it is super simple to make.

Con's: It isn't as good as the first but far better than bought, and you have to shake it before you use it. (not a big deal)

1 12 oz can of sweetened condensed milk.

3 cups cold milk (I use skim "no fat" and I love it.)

your choice of 2 or 3 vanilla beans (only the insides like in the other recipe above) or 1 Tbsp. good quality vanilla extract ( I use Watkins and it's great).

1 small pkg of instant vanilla pudding, (some stores will have a French Vanilla flavor and it tastes a bit better)

As per the pudding directions whisk the pudding and 2 cups of the milk until it starts to thicken.

Add the rest of the ingredients and the rest of the milk and whisk until smooth. (If you like a sweet creamer, taste it, because it will be a bit sweet anyway, you can add sugar to your tastes).

Makes almost two quarts and can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks. I use this recipe most of the time and I think it is very very good.

Note: I kept a 64oz creamer bottle to keep my homemade creamer in and no one can tell it from the store bought creamer. Enjoy!

I'm looking for recipes for homemade vanilla coffee creamer.

Jenni from Ponca City, OK

Answers:

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

Can you make french vanilla coffee creamer at home?

Sherry from Wilmington, NC

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

I have made my own creamer when I run out of the liquid. I used powdered creamer and add about 1 tsp. of sugar and a little real vanilla. It tastes great. (08/18/2006)

By Diana L. Albers

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

I make my own fat free, sugar free French Vanilla Coffeemate by the half gallon. It lasts for a week or two. I mix one 16 oz container of fat free creamer powder, 1 cup of Splenda, and 1/3 cup vanilla flavoring in a 2-quart measuring cup. I add enough of the very hottest tap water to fill to the 2-quart line on the container. Stir well. Pour into a rinsed out 1/2 gallon container, or 2-liter bottle. Store in the refrigerator. (08/18/2006)

By Jackie

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

You can get powdered vanilla through the baker's catalog from King Arthur flour company (go online for their catalog, too). I personally don't do powdered creamers. I like real cream, real vanilla, and honey. But so many people do use the powdered that there has to be recipes out there. Good luck. (08/21/2006)

By Carla

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

I just made a batch of liquid French vanilla coffee creamer, the only thing is that it is not thick because I don't have sodium alginate for thickener. Any ideas that are or could be used for a thickener? Powdered egg whites?
Here is what I mixed:

I used a stick blender to mix all the ingredients in a 1 quart Mason jar; store in the fridge.
(03/26/2008)

By Dutch6205

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

The fat free sugar free recipe you make, Jackie, isn't sugar free. Powdered fat-free creamer contains sugar. 4grams per tbsp or so, to be more specific (so 100% of the 15 kcal in a tbsp is sugar), and therefore your recipe is only fat free. Sorry to be a downer.
(05/27/2008)

By Andrea

(08/16/2008)

By Sappie

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

I've made these creamers, also. I've found it to be much better if you use the french vanilla flavoring instead of regular vanilla. I found it at Walmart. This may just be a personal preference. But, you may want to give it a try. (08/18/2008)

By Artlady

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

Vanilla Coffee Creamer

Combine all ingredients in a pint sized jar. Shake well to blend. Store in a cool dry place, and use as with normal coffee creamer.

Note: Nutra-Sweet Spoonfuls or Sugar Twin may be substituted for the powdered sugar, to accommodate diabetic diets.

MSG URL: recipelink.com

More recipes:

MSG URL: recipelink.com

French Vanilla Cafe Mix: recipezaar.com

I have tried none of these, but will now.
Good luck.

Joyce

(08/19/2008)

By Lhouselover