Making Garden Stakes

A variety of materials can be used to make these plant supports. This guide is about making garden stakes.

June 21, 2011 Flag

I've been wanting garden stakes, but I wanted to make my own. So I finally came up with this idea. It's cheap and it works for me, just might work for you too.

Directions:

1. Look through your magazines or catalogs, and cut out pictures of whatever you like (I cut small pictures of butterflies, flowers, birds, etc.)
  2. Ad

3. Trace that picture onto the used greeting card, then cut it out. On the card stock you can write anything you want, like the name of your flower, date when planted, or just anything you want.
  4. I used a Popsicle stick to add glue to the card stock cutout. Then glued my picture and the card stock together. Put the Popsicle stick in between both cutouts, only gluing in about 2 inches of the stick.
  5. Ad

6. With packing tape I covered it all except the Popsicle stick (be sure you cover all the paper with tape to protect it from the elements).
  7. I put mine in my garden, it rained the next day and my garden stakes held up from the hard rain we had. :) This frugal project is so easy even a child can do!
  8. By Jacquelyne Jean J. from Salisbury, MD

I love your idea. Very crafty and"Thrifty"too.

Thanks for pictures and sharing.

Thank you for your comment! These are working out good they have been through several hard rains and holding up well. Even children can make these they are so easy and fun too as well as very inexpensive!

I have one garden that I have a few farm animals in so I'm going to look for farm animal pictures and make my plant stakes for that garden.

May 29, 2008 Flag

Garden art can be beautiful and functional at the same time. Here is an easy and inexpensive project that allows you to add a personalized touch to your garden and potted plants. With supervision, this project is an easy one for kids, and best of all, no "crafty" skills are required.

Garden stakes in ceramic jar.

August 26, 2009 Flag

To remember what has been planted in your garden, you can make simple Garden Stakes made with skewers. You simply attach the label on front and secure it with tape. Quick and inexpensive.

This helps you remember where and what type of herb has been planted. (If you prefer no label stakes in your garden make a sketch of the layout-you will be glad you did.)

By Jeanette from Columbia, MO

good idea!

Annie

Columbia, MO

May 22, 2014 Flag

This is a guide about making soda can plant labels. There are a great number of craft uses for empty aluminum soda cans. The crafter/gardener will delight in they ease of use for making decorative plant markers.

Soda Can Plant Labels

Crafts Garden & Yard Plant MarkersJanuary 13, 2013
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
Christmas yard decorations
Buying Stakes for Christmas Yard Decorations
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
🎉
🎄