Making Grapefruit Potpourri
Release a luscious citrus aroma into your home by making your own dried grapefruit potpourri. This is a guide about making grapefruit potpourri
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a way to dry grapefruit or other citrus to make potpourri decor.
- grapefruit, as many as you like
- metal tray or pizza pan
- Pick your fruit and using a knife cut off and discard ends of fruit.
- Cut thin slices so the dry time can be faster. Cut out the pulp in the middle and discard along with the seeds.
- Place as many slices as you'd like on a metal tray.
- Place outside to dry in the sun. This will take a few days. Once dry, arrange in a bowl or tie with ribbon to hang and enjoy ! :)
August 21, 20160 found this helpful
I like this idea. Can you use other fruits like, oranges, lemons or limes. All citrus fruits? How long does the aroma last? Does it ever turn moldy or a foul smell? Just wondering?
Thanks for the idea!
October 6, 20160 found this helpful
Thank you so much ! :) Sorry for the late reply. I have not tried other citrus fruits but I would imagine they would dry the same time. I say a few weeks makes the colors still bright and the scent pleasant. No foul smell they just simply lose their scent with time. When they get dark in color just dispose and start again. :)
In This Guide