Making Homemade Kitten Formula

Making Homemade Kitten Formula
Keep your kitten happy and healthy by making your own formula. This is a guide about homemade kitten formula.

Here is a kitten formula that is better than any you can buy!

I found a new recipe for kitten formula for newborn and very young kittens that don't have a mother. It is from Best Friends magazine the May/June 2009 edition. It is about the Best Friends Sanctuary and it is a great formula for kittens:

Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use. A kitten should eat 7 -15 CC's per feeding.

Warm by placing a bottle of the mixture in a bowl of hot water.

Source: Best Friends Magazine

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Putting this in my bookmarks. I am always taking in strays. Never know when this could come in handy. Thank you! Thumbs up!

I have another recipe I have used that worked even better and I read this was superior to the one listed above.

In a mixing bowl, mix:

one half cup of evaporated milk,

1 teaspoons of mayonnaise, or an egg yolk,

a drop or two of infant vitamins,

a little squirt of Karo syrup the white kind

If they are dehydrated, I will use homemade pedialyte, which is easily found on the net, and mix it in with this, just a little bit or offer in in a small bowl while they are eating. This really seems to help them grow, I had to hand bottle feed seven of them last month and they really enjoyed this so much. I would put them all in the bathtub on a towel for meals and it was so cute. They just loved lapping it up from the saucers and I would tell the parents who adopted them to supplement their meals with meat baby food and this from time to time. robyn

I have had better luck with the last formula involving mayo and infant vitamins and evaporated milk....they seem to love it and those ingredients are always around!

I am concerned about the use of raw egg yolks in either of these recipes. There is always the risk of salmonella. That would kill the kittens rather than help them thrive.