Making Homemade Tear-Off Notepads

I volunteer every week at my son's school and I noticed that they recycle their throw away paper. I needed some scratch paper so I dug through the scrap paper recycle bin to use some. I then grabbed a whole bunch of scrap paper that was printed on just one side and cut them all to scrap paper pad size with the paper cutter.

I then used a red rubber adhesive. I found out it was a small cheap bottle of water soluble red goo that was applied with a paint brush to coat one side of the pad. I got it at the office supply store. Once the adhesive was dried the paper pad was ready to use with easily tear off paper depending on how neatly someone does it.

Now my son's school uses my newly create paper pads in the school's office everyday.

By Soyzick from Hawaii

Making Homemade Tear-Off Notepads

I work in property management. When we took over the complex I am in now, we found files of unused, older forms from the company two or three years back. I shredded the ones with information filled in, then went through the rest. I simply use a black clip to keep mine in order, but the gum is cool if you can get them the same size.

Carbons can be used, too. I save and cut up the whites, then kept the yellows, mint greens, and pinks to make signs for the office window. I keep the slick junk mail printed on one side only, and use them in the car with a felt pen. It's great for leaving notes on cars as the plastic is a bit more durable and easier to see. (05/22/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Making Homemade Tear-Off Notepads

I just quarter each sheet and stack them in a small decorative box. They're handy when I need them, and I don't have to waste time stacking them evenly, gluing them, and waiting for them to dry. I've been doing this for 3 decades now; I've never needed to buy scrap pads. (05/28/2009)

By susanmajp

Photo of homemade notepads.
Making Homemade Notepads
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
CD Notepad
Making a Recycled CD Notepad
tear in right triangle piece on quilt
Repairing a Tear in a Quilt Block
White cat looking up at the camera.
Removing Tear Stains on White Cats