Making Hot Chocolate on a Stick

Category Warm Drinks
Hot Chocolate on a Stick
This is a guide about making hot chocolate on a stick. A fun way to mix up a hot cocoa is with homemade chocolate fudge on a stick.

While perusing Pinterest, I kept coming across "Hot Chocolate on a Stick". I had never heard of such a thing, but I am so glad I found it. It makes a delicious cup of hot chocolate. We are really enjoying these. They would make a nice gift for someone... if they make it out of the house!

Total Time: 20 minutes, plus 12 hours for hardening.

Yield: About 24 servings

Source: adapted from Juanita's Cocina recipe

Link: jcocina.com/hot-chocolate-on-a-stick-gifts-from-the-kitchen-sundaysupper/

• 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract

1. Heat cream and condensed milk in medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a slight boil.
  2. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate. Stir just until mixture begins to come together.
  3. Let mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
  4. Add pinch of salt and vanilla. Stir until the mixture is completely melted and shiny. It will be fudge-like.
  5. Line a 8x8 inch pan lined with parchment paper. I used a 6x10 inch pan because it was comparable in size.
  6. Pour the mixture into the lined baking pan.
  7. You can top with additions at this point. I topped it with mini marshmallows and pressed them down a bit to stick. You could also add them after you have cut the squares. The marshmallows got a little chocolatey when I cut into them. Let mixture in pan sit for 12 hours.
  8. Remove chocolate from pan. Cut into squares. The original recipe says to cut into 36 squares. I wanted mine richer, so I cut them into 24 squares.
  9. Add a lollipop stick in each one. You could also use a popsicle stick.
  10. If giving as a gift, wrap each one individually.
  11. To serve, heat a cup of milk in a saucepan or in the microwave. Plop a chocolate square in the hot milk. Let mixture sit for about 3 or 4 minutes. Stir very well to mix the chocolate into the milk. I used a small whisk, which mixed it up a lot easier.

can you freeze these?

I want this right now! Yummy!

Hi Cathy, You probably could freeze them. It would just take longer to dissolve into the hot milk. Or you could let them come to room temp before making the hot chocolate.

Hi Cathy. I don't see why you couldn't freeze these. I'd just let them come to room temp before trying to dissolve them in the hot milk.