Making Junk Mail Useful

Like many others who receive junk mail, we tended to discard these into the trash. After realizing that many of the inserts had blank backsides, I quickly turned these pages into scrap pads. I just simply cut each page into quarter sections and added them to the scrap paper holder, located near our telephone, for messages. I also use the scrap near my computer for writing down new websites or information I may need. A simple small container of plastic, wood, or wire can be used to house the scrap paper.

By Debbie from Mocksville, NC

Answers:

Making Junk Mail Useful

We reuse junk mail to print out coloring pages, shopping lists, coupons etc, just as long as there's no "private" information on the back! (01/27/2006)

By Madelynnsmama

Making Junk Mail Useful

Debbie, Many thanks for the ideas. Also if you are into scrapbooking, you can use the inside of some envelopes. Check and get the ones with printed designs in them, then take colored pencils or markers and enhance the design even further. Use it as part of a background page or layered design on a page. Carol Duvall enlightened me to this idea. Is really cute idea -- use your imagination. Crystal from Bennettsville, SC (01/27/2006)

By cr8zecrafher

Making Junk Mail Useful

I too re-use some of the junk mail. Any preaddressed envelopes I stash in a drawer of my computer desk where they are handy for a couple purposes: sending lunch money to school, also to send money for field trips. Also I put my coupons in them and write my grocery list on the blank side. Anything that is blank, I save for scratch paper, even the envelope things come in can be re-used. If you cut the envelope open with scissors on the short end, remove your mail and then the blank side of the envelope makes a wonderful grocery list or note, or what have you. You may as well get some good out of this "junk" that arrives every day! (01/27/2006)

Making Junk Mail Useful

Some junk mail have a envelope in it If you are short of envelopes, you can carefully take the glued envelope apart and turn it inside out and tape the envelope back together. I have done this when I happen to be out and need to pay a bill. (01/28/2006)

By suzq

Making Junk Mail Useful

I take the blank side of the papers and cut into same size pieces to form a note pad. Holding tight, I smear Elmers glue on the top. Use clothespins or clips to hold the pads together until dry. You now have a notepad that the papers stay together. (01/31/2006)

By

Making Junk Mail Useful

Hi - sitting here scanning the site and writing tips on my junk mail scrap pad as we speak - another use for junk mail/waste paper, sawdust, cardboard etc is to turn it into burnable logs for your open fire. You can buy a "paper log/brick maker" - you soak waste then put in the maker and push down handles to compress/squeeze into a log/brick. Ive noticed them on ebay. Have added it to my wish list and placed request on Freecycle sites, so I cannot comment on how effective they are personally. Small investment to save money and recycle. If anyone knows an effective way to make them without the "machine" please add your comments. The price of coal/real logs these days is scary as well as raping our planet so any alternative gets my vote (02/22/2006)

By katrina537

Making Junk Mail Useful

We use our shredder and shred all junk mail and save it in garbage bag and use during the holiday season for packing our goodies and gifts to send to family and friends all over. Saves money and time. (09/02/2008)

By Connie

Making Junk Mail Useful

We save a lot of the prettier junk mail for my 4 year old daughter's craft box - it gets cut up and stuck onto paper for gift cards and the like, or just for fun.
(09/02/2008)

By KerrinA

Making Junk Mail Useful
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Pile of Junk Mail
Disposing of Junk Mail
Mailbox overflowing with junk mail.
Reducing Junk Mail
Uses for Junk Mail, Mailbox Full of Junk Mail
Uses for Junk Mail
🎉
🎄