Making Laminate Floors Shine

Category Floors
Be sure to consult the manufacturer of your flooring, for the recommended cleaning and waxing products. This guide is about making laminate floors shine.

I have a laminated flooring that was installed about 5 years ago. My problem is that when I clean the floor with the suggested cleaning liquid by the manufacturer, or now the new Clorox or Swifter cleaners that I have also tried, the floor retains a dull film that I can't remove back to my shiny floor. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a remedy for it? Could it possibly be a hard water problem?

Ruth from Jackson, MI

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Do you use white vinegar for the cleaning or the browner types of vinegar? Or does it make any difference what kind you use?

My floor film was so bad I was ready to replace the floor but I called Bruce's Floor Cleaner and they told me they don't tell it but the film can be removed with 1 cup water in a gallon of warm water Scrub with white damp cloth to remove film. The thing was I was using Bruce's floor cleaner (dry thoroughly) which was what I had to do to remove. Cleaned it 3 times but if you look under Bono Floor cleaner for a Laminate flooring you also will find they also sell a polish for a Laminate flooring. My opinion I don't believe we need to purchase a floor cleaner and just use the vinegar and water solution and the Bono polish. Best for you to Google and get your own opinions. I do know somewhere in here they are recommending vinegar and water for a cleaner. I will do more research before I do this but right now I am leaning toward doing that.

Mix eqaul parts hot water and vinegar. This works the best.

I have laminate wood flooring and it always looks dull. I use Bruce cleaner. What will make it shine?

By Suan from Blue Springs, MO

Anonymous

Laminate floors by nature simply are not shiny. You need to contact your (and/or other) laminate flooring manufacturers to answer this question because if you use anything other than what they recommend not only could your warranty be null and void but you risk ruining the floors.

I saw on YouTube that Bona Floor Polish is excellent. It can be used on wood laminate floors, ceramic tile, and other floor types.

My laminate floor is dull. Please help? I've tried Bono cleaner for laminate floors to no avail. They are clean, but have dull spots. What can I do? I've heard vinegar and water is good, but afraid to try it.

By Louise S.

I have the same problem trying to make our laminate flooring glossy again as the person on the previous page. Is there any remedy other than tearing it up and putting down something else? I hate laminate. Never again shall I have it.

By Mary

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

By Pam

Answers:

Making Laminate Floors Shine

Don't use anything other than a vinegar and water solution or manufacturer recommended products to clean, and never use floor wax for shine! The best and most safe people to ask about 'more shine' is a laminate floor manufacturer. Not only can you ruin the floor by using certain products, but also void your warranty by not using their recommendations. (10/12/2010)

By Deeli

I have dogs that pee on pee pads but my laminate flooring still gets some of the urine on it. I try to immediately sop it up with paper towels then mop with laminate floor cleaners. I've recently noticed the white "blushing" stains but no matter what the shine doesn't come back. I tried the vinegar/water mix on the floor and it made it even worse. Now it's filmey & dull. I will try the tea next. Hope I can get it back to a clean shine. I'll let you know.

I have laminate flooring throughout my home. I am looking for a way to restore the luster to these floors, as well as clean them. Any suggestions?

By Theresa from Lake Mary, FL

Answers:

Making Laminate Floors Shine

I use Mop and Glo. If your floor is very dull, use two coats. My floors are more than 10 years old and shine just as brightly as when they were new. (01/05/2010)

By Tedebear

Making Laminate Floors Shine

There is only one product that I have found that actually make your old laminate shine like new. Its called Pro Shot Industrial Re-newing Floor Restorer and Finish. I first saw it on QVC or some show like that and bought it a few years ago. Now you can just Google it and find it. It's amazing! If it wasn't for this stuff I would have torn up my old laminate tiles long ago, but now my floor looks like new. You have to re-apply it every few months. Just sponge mop it on. Trust me. There's nothing else like it. (01/05/2010)

By kimmcg

Making Laminate Floors Shine

I have a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. I spray with the bottle in sections, mop with a very damp mop. Not only does it clean them safely, but it gives them a shine. Yes, you will smell vinegar, but only for maybe 10 minutes (at the most). (01/06/2010)

By LinDuh

Use apple cider vinegar, water and a few drops of baby oil

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

By Pam

Answers:

Making Laminate Floors Shine

By Deeli

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

By Pam

Answers:

Making Laminate Floors Shine

By Deeli

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

How do I make my laminate floors shine?

How can I get my laminate floors to shine?

I have "wood look" laminate flooring. I can't get the scratches out and it doesn't look shiny.

How do I bring back the shine to my laminate floors?