Making Lasagna For 175 People

I'm looking for an easy recipe for lasagna. I will be feeding about 175 people and I'm not sure how much to prepare.

Dana from Griffin, GA

Answers:

Making Lasagna For 175 People

I would figure that a normal sized lasagna pan would serve 6-8 people depending on the portion size, I would figure 6 so you will probably need 38 or so regular size pans, that way you have a little extra for anyone who wants to take some home. (06/19/2008)

Making Lasagna For 175 People

Google "recipes for a crowd" or large quantity recipes - you'll find a number of choices. Best wishes! (06/19/2008)

By aardvark

Making Lasagna For 175 People

Lasagna can be very expensive to make. When I feed large groups of people (I've cooked for 375 at a time) I buy pre-made frozen lasagnas. You should sample a few brands to determine which one you like best. They usually make about 12-16 servings, so you would need to purchase 15 pre-made lasagnas to have 182 servings or 11 for 176 servings. Best of all, clean-up is a "toss" away. (06/19/2008)

By mrs.flinn

Making Lasagna For 175 People

I've made lasagna for 150 people. What I do is use ziti instead of lasagna noodles. In a huge disposable baking pan, I mix the cheeses into the cooked ziti, add the sauce and meat mixture.

Mix up all the items together and bake it for 30 minutes. Pull it out, add cheese on top, bake for another 10 or so minutes and it's done. Tastes just like lasagna without all the fuss. It has always been a huge hit at parties and potlucks! Good luck! (06/19/2008)

By Jenn

Making Lasagna For 175 People

The following is on Allrecipes.com site with a scalable link to change the recipe for different numbers of servings.

World's Best Lasagna: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Worlds-Best-Lasagna/Detail.aspx (06/20/2008)

By lynnt

Making Lasagna For 175 People

I would consider checking a catering service for their pricing. Even using a pan that serves 25 you would need 7 pans. That could be a problem baking so all are done and still hot at the same time. I figure it costs about $8.00 to make a 9 X 13" pan. When you consider your time and cost of ingredients and having the oven on you may come out ahead. You also have to gather the pans, or buy them. (06/22/2008)

By WIsgal

Making Lasagna For 175 People
Various Types of Noodles
Alternatives to Lasagna Noodles
Lasagna Soup
Lasagna Soup Recipes
Crockpot Lasagna
Crockpot Lasagna Recipes
White Lasagna
White Lasagna Recipes
🎉
🎄