Making Liquid Soap from Leftover Bar Soap

Long before liquid soap was developed my mom and I use to collect the slivers of soap that no one wanted, grate them up, add water to them and put it in a container for washing your hands. We had 6 in the family so wasting was not an option. My husband now collects the soap, grates it up, and shapes bars of new soap from it. I have also seen him add it to a cloth bag which you wash with.

Source: My Mom and husband

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

Answers:

This brought back memories. When I was a child in the 40s my grandmother had for each of us for our bath a terry cloth wash cloth sewed like a little sack with a bias tape draw string. You would put the pieces of soap in and then pull the bias tape and tie a knot and you had a wash cloth with the soap inside. It was nice to on summer days when the well was dry or almost dry and a rain would come we would take our wash cloth/soap and go out and wash where the water came off the corners of the roof. We also would wash our hair that way. Can you see what kids of today would think, but we never thought a thing of it. It was a cool and refreshing time. (07/21/2010)

By patpan

Bar of Soap
Making Liquid Soap from Bars of Soap
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes
Washing with bar soap.
Is Using Bar Soap Safe?
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
🎉
🎄