Making Mashed Potatoes with Ranch Dressing

Category Vegetables
A dish of mashed potatoes with ranch dressing.
This is a guide about making mashed potatoes with ranch dressing. A delicious addition to mashed potatoes can be a creamy ranch dressing.

As old people are wont to do, DH and I sometimes forget to go to the supermarket. Today I wanted mashed potatoes and noticed that there was no butter in the fridge. I got out my bottle of ranch dressing and smushed the bottle so that a good sized blob came out. I then whipped them in the usual manner and they were delicious!

Top Comment

I do this nearly every time I make mashed potatoes. Something else I do is when I can't get any more ranch dressing from the bottle I pour in a little milk. Shake the bottle to get the rest out and dump into the mashed potatoes. If I have cream cheese or sour cream that I've afraid it will go bad before it's used I put that in the potatoes rather than the ranch dressing. I always put garlic salt in my mashed potatoes too.

Use up that last bit of ranch salad dressing in the bottle. When making mashed potatoes, just make them as usual, but add the last bit of ranch dressing. Pour a little bit of milk into the bottle and shake to loosen the dressing. Pour into mashed potatoes and mix well.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO