Making Money for Class Trip

I am in Vermont and our French class is going to Paris, France and it is going to cost $4,000 to go. Does anyone know where in Vermont a 15 year old can work? Or does anyone know what kind of fundraising is the best?

Well, a 15 year old can mow lawns, babysit, clean houses, run errands for others, help care for an ill or elderly person, make craft items to sell, wash cars, etc. There are many jobs a 15 year old can do to earn money.

The type of fundraisers that will be the best will depend on the the people where you live. As far as places that will hire 15 year olds most fast food places will hire kids younger than 16, but only for a certain number of hours and I think that is because of federal law. There is also baby sitting. Where I live baby sitters make $10.00 an hour. There again that will depend on where you live.

I have a niece that when she was in college she would go on medical mission trips during the summer and she couldn't work during the school year because she was in medical school and they were kept too busy to work too. Each person that went on the trip had to raise $2,000 of their own money. I know one fund raiser that she did was have a Tupperware Party under their fund raising plan. I am an old cranky granny now, but even yet I would rather go to a jewelry party, make up party, or even a party that sells home decor. I find Tupperware boring.

I don't know if the only make up that I know of that is sold on the party plan, does fund raising or not. Your teacher should know of different fund raising plans. I know there are companies that sell gift wrap; candy and nuts; baked goods, there are all kinds of companies that have fund raising plans. Also your whole class could have a yard/garage/rummage sale of items donated by the class and their families. You could probably even ask for people to donate decent quality things for the sale. Hope these ideas help you and your class.

First off ASK for donations! I know this seems ridiculous to say but if you don't ask you don't get. Another option is Vinted, Poshmark, resale of items. It's the New Year everyone is on the "out with the old and in with the new." Grab it and sell it! You would be amazed the things people buy and how much they are willing to pay if it is not available. If you can start with some donations you may be able to work your way towards rumaging thrift stores and finding the great items to sell at great prices. I know it doesn't seem like much but I found a text book for 1 dollar and sold it to Amazon for 30. Hope this helps

High School Fundraiser Carwash
Fundraising Ideas for a School Trip
EducationApril 28, 2015
Woman Enjoying Cake Decorating
Simple Cake Decorating
A man teaching a computer class.
Teaching a Computer Class
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Saving Money at Disneyland, Entrance to Disneyland Park
Saving Money at Disneyland
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 3:28:55 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.