Making Newspaper Fire Logs

I read once "how to make newspaper firelogs" There was no machine involved in the process. I remember that some of the paper had to be wet, rolled, pressed. I did not try it, I would like more info if possible.

Thank you
Jenny

Answers:

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

Soak the papers in water, roll up, tie up and then allow to dry completely. Drying takes a long time. (01/25/2002)

By kaji1

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

I use newspaper fire logs all the time for my wood stove. I use to do the wet newspaper route but it was very messy and took a long time for the logs to dry. Now I just take the newspapers layout the sections, still folded, alternating the fold from right to left with each additional section and roll tightly. I use paper-coated twist-ties to hold the log in form, once around the middle. This burns just fine. You will have less ink mess, no water mess and no drying time. The wet then dried logs do burn longer as the wetting process bonds the paper closer together. I hope this is helpful to you. Mrs Kathy Cohen Northfield, VT (01/29/2002)

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

Those who are serious about recycling newspapers into fire logs will find "The Newspaper Log Resource Book" full of great instructions! Check out our web page for more information.

Thanks,
Diane
Mountain Starr Publications
(weblink)http://www.geocities.com/paperlogs(/weblink) (10/04/2002)

By mountainstarr1

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

I too am interested in making newspaper fire logs but for maybe for different purposes. I remember long ago my mother used to make them for our fireplace and soaked them in some kind of salt solution to make multi-colored flames. I want to make them to burn on our campfires here in Alaska since the colors would not show up in the wood stove. Any ideas on the salt solution issue? (07/04/2003)

By boodiejo

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

My mother use to have a piece of machinery that would make a log. After the log was made, we would secure with rubber bands and soak in water. We would then dry them for use in the fireplace. Please let me know if this simple machine still exist (12/03/2004)

By deborah payne

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

Here's the link to a newspaper log roller at Lehman's

http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=2863

They say the stock is low so I'd order soon if you want one.
Susan (12/03/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Colored Logs

I purchased a duraflame colored log, and the ingredient that was used to make the colors was copper. Perhaps thats what was in the solution that was used? (02/06/2005)

By lisa

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

Look up newspaper logs, paper fireplace logs on Google and you will find several instructions for different methods. (03/18/2005)

By Wendy Asbell

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

I noticed that someone wanted to know the "recipe" for some kind of salt solution to make multi-colored flames, this site might help:

http://ks.essortment.com/firelogs_phq.htm
(07/05/2005)

By Queenlilady

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

There is a great book with digital photos and step by step instructions available at: www.geocities.com/paperlogs (10/23/2005)

By Diane Brown

RE: Making Newspaper Fire Logs

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

I was just making some of these newspaper fire logs and have been making them for years, Just roll and tie, soak & dry, that's it Go to ABOUT the site is http://frugalliving.about.com/od/woodstoves/a/newspaperlogs_p htm from PAT VERETTO, YOUR GUIDE TO FRUGAL LIVING the title is FREE FUEL FROM YOUR DAILY NEWSPAPER
(08/26/2006)

By EVY

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

I use to make these a s a child for our wood stove we only used newspaper logs no wood we never soaked them and we held them together with masking tape (10/17/2006)

By slug800

Making Newspaper Fire Logs

I have the book mentioned below. "Newspaper logs Made Easy". It is quite detailed with photos for each step. The logs are tight, wrapped like a "deli sandwich" then tied with a paper "tie" to make them more secure. When they burn through the log still stays tight. They are best to burn with wood. We had fun as a family making them. (09/22/2007)

By Mrs Brown

Newspapers rolled into logs for burning.
Making Newspaper Logs
LIttle BOy Looking in the Mirror at his Fire Fighter Costume
Making a Fire Fighter Costume
A wood stove with firelogs in it.
Using Fire Logs
house fire
Making a Fire Escape Plan for Your Family
Fake Logs
Making Fake Logs
🎉
🎄