Making Oreo Balls

Category Candies
Making Oreo Balls
These delicious candies begin with crushed Oreo cookies. This is a guide about making Oreo balls.

Not only is it quick and easy to prepare, it is different from the usual candy recipes. In fact, I had never seen it until this Christmas season.

Directions:

Crush the Oreos until they are finely powdered. I use a ziplock bag and a rolling pin, but I suppose the blender would work just as well.

Mix the cookie crumbs with the softened cream cheese. Form into the desired size balls.

Melt the chocolate in the microwave just until it gets melted.

It is a good idea to melt the chocolate in smaller batches so that it keeps soft enough to dip and you won't waste the leftovers if you have melted too much.

Dip the Oreo balls into the white chocolate to cover. Place on a sheet of waxed paper on a cookie sheet.

Refrigerate. Once they harden you can package them into containers, but it is best to keep them refrigerated.

Servings: Varies
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
Varies Minutes Cooking Time

Source: My sister who love quick cooking ideas.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

Top Comment

Sounds real good, and easy to make, thanks for sharing the recipe.

Cream an 8 oz. package of cream cheese with crushed oreo cookies (I prefer mint); form into balls and refrigerate until firm; melt chocolate almond bark. With a toothpick, pierce the oreo ball and dip into the melted almond bark; place on waxed paper until dry; you can sprinkle them while wet the with almond bark with candy sprinkles or roll in coconut.

By WandaJo from Tennessee

Answers:

Oreo Balls

I find that if I dip them in Chocolate bark, they become too "chocolatey". Did I say that? Anyway, I roll them in powdered sugar and we really like them that way. (12/23/2005)

By Margaret

Oreo Balls

How many Oreos do you use? (12/24/2005)

By Lee

Oreo Balls

use one 18-20 oz pkg of oreos (09/16/2006)

By savethemunny

Oreo Balls

I agree, I tried these with white and dark chocolate . THe dark chocolate was nice because it countered some of the sweetness (08/21/2006)

By janel

Oreo Balls

I tried to make them but they are too creamy. What did I do wrong?
(12/23/2007)

By Lori

Oreo Balls

When I mixed the oreos with the cream cheese, it was really mush, and I couldn't dip it in the chocolate without them falling apart. (03/01/2008)

By katy unick

Oreo Balls

I make mine without chilling the oreo balls and mine turn out just fine. After mixing the cookie crumbs with the cream cheese, I just start making balls and then melt the chocolate and dip them and then I put them in the refrigerator to chill and everyone always wants the recipe. (04/02/2008)

By Ginger

Oreo Balls

Roll them in a crushed heath bar, yum. (10/08/2008)

By

Oreo Balls

I find that if the oreo mush is too mushy to dip in the choc, try freezing the oreo balls instead of chilling them in the fridge. I freeze them for 2 hours, then start dipping them in choc. you have to be really quick about it, dip it, drop it on the wax paper. I also use a spoon because the toothpick doesn't work very well. The spoon doesn't make it as pretty, but yeah. (12/01/2008)

By Elizabeth

Oreo Balls

I tried using a generic brand oreos. Bad idea. Even though they looked the same, they are not. When I use Oreo brand, everyone loves them. They disappear fast. When I used the generic brand, well, I still have most of them.

Made with real Oreos, these are the best cookies I have ever made. For Valentine's Day, I am going to drizzle pink and red colored almond bark over them. (01/01/2009)

By Resa