Making Paper Pinecone Ornaments
Try these cute folded paper ornaments on your Christmas tree. This is a guide about making paper pinecone ornaments
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a very lovely ornament and would make a great gift. It does take some time to cut, fold, and pin everything together, but the outcome is well worth the time spent.
- 2 inch smooth foam eggs
- 2 sheets of contrasting paper (I like light weight natural paper.)
You need two 8.5 x 11 pieces of paper per egg.
- craft or sequin pins
- thin ribbon
- cutting board (optional)
- Cut your paper in 1 3/4 inch strips.
- Fold the corner of the end to make a triangle, cut the excess off and repeat with the entire strip to make a bunch or triangles. Fold the triangles in half one more time to make smaller triangles. It is essential that they are square pieces of paper folded twice diagonally.
- Make 21 of one color (white) and 20 of the other (red).
- Cut a 1 inch white square. Cover the smaller end of the egg with the square and pin the four corners in place.
- Place four red triangles around the the small end of the egg. Place them so all four of the corners meet at the tip of the egg.
- Now place four white triangles 1/4 inch from the last row of triangles and off set from the previous row. Continue adding rows until the egg is covered.
- Take your remaining white triangle and unfold it and then re-fold into a small square by folding it twice. Pin this at the very top to cover the last pins.
- Cut some ribbon and make a large loop, tie a knot or bow with the left over ends and pin it to the top. You may want to use more than one pin to ensure that the ribbon won't fall off when it is hung on your tree. Read 3 Comments
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:10:55 PM on 10.0.2.91 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us